ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How much Haze?  (Read 9065 times)

Lyle Williams

Re: How much Haze?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 05:10:23 AM »

That was my fear.  Anyway, 1/3rd off plus free freight plus end-of-financial-year (Australia) tipped me over the edge.

I hope it's not a boat andhor.  :-)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »

Haze in a room is kinda like the smoking section in a restaurant. You can tell it to only smoke in one spot, but the whole place still smells like an ashtray.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rick Powell

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »

Humidity seems to make a great difference too. If you have low air flow and high humidity, the haze will just hang and hang, and you can use the low setting on both the fan and the haze and it will look great with even coverage. We did an outdoor show last night and started in such windy conditions that we thought the hazer (a cheap Chauvet 2D) would be useless. The first set was in daylight so the hazer was off. By the second set, the wind died down and it got very humid, and we had haze aplenty for a 30 x 16 stage and a crowd of about 500 ppl.

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 02:54:53 AM »

Well I guess there is only one way to find out for sure - I've just ordered a Z350 and expect it to arrive later this week.

This weekend we're playing an outdoor party for a 30th birthday, around 150 people.
If it's windy then I'll leave it in the car, but we'll see what happens.

There might even be a fire to keep everyone warm - a real life smoke machine!
Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »

Well I guess there is only one way to find out for sure - I've just ordered a Z350 and expect it to arrive later this week.

This weekend we're playing an outdoor party for a 30th birthday, around 150 people.
If it's windy then I'll leave it in the car, but we'll see what happens.

There might even be a fire to keep everyone warm - a real life smoke machine!
I had my first gig last night that had enough circuits for me to get up & running and my new fazer has made a massive visual difference, I'm very happy.

Even with 700+ in the room, we had a nice light haze with the unit on or just under half.
I guess I was lucky with air flow.

Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Caleb Perez

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 03:25:01 PM »

Hey dude,

I just got a MegaLite H1 Hazer for my birthday and it is absolutely amazing. I can tell you for a fact that it would work for you and your band. I used it in a outdoor pavilion and it filled the space with in minutes while showing my light beams. The good thing about it is that it is only $209.00. The machines only downfall is that it doesn't have DMX capability, but it does come with a wireless remote. The Machine also has a built in fan inside of it. If you would like for me to send you videos of me using in the outdoor pavilion, just let me know.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 03:25:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.