ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about wiring at home speakers/subs  (Read 2719 times)

Dustin Smith

Question about wiring at home speakers/subs
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:12:36 AM »

I have 2 towers of DCM kx212, 2 onkyo bookshelf speakers, and 2 DCM bookshelf speakers. I understand to power the bookshelf speakers I will need a receiver but my question is will a channel on a receiver power these massive DCM kx212 towers? They consist of 2 12" subs a tweeter and speaker. I've done a decent amount of car audio but never home setups. Will I need a separate amplifier to power them and if so how will I run the amp to the receiver? I would like to have both kx212 towers, the DCM speakers and the Onkyo speakers all under one system. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:16:22 AM by Dustintime »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:00:14 AM »

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: Question about wiring at home speakers/subs
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »

I have 2 towers of DCM kx212, 2 onkyo bookshelf speakers, and 2 DCM bookshelf speakers. . .Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

This would probably be a better place to get your questions about home audio answered. . .

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php

If you do want answers here, you should tell us what you're hoping to accomplish with your gear. Home theater? Stereo music playback? Irritating the neighbors?
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:56 AM »

The size of the cabinet and drivers have almost nothing to do with what it takes to "drive them".

In fact, in many cases, if you have larger drivers, you can get the same SPL with LESS power than if you are using smaller drivers.

Now driving them to maximum output is a different story.

But in many cases in the home it is more about a specific loudness, rather than maximum loudness.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.