ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid Ideas  (Read 2982 times)

Matthias McCready

Stupid Ideas
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »

The cart post has inspired me  :)

In life I thrive on shenanigans and thinking up fun things to do, most of which I will probably never accomplish... but I digress  ::)

So I live in a downtown high rise (mid rise if you are from a big city) and from my tiny perch I have a nice look at the street below. Of particular interest are the convertibles and cars with the sun roof open, the driver inside unsuspecting muahaha. How I would love to drop a 6-8  tarantulas in an car passing by... if you are going to go to jail for something... might as well make it a good reason :-)

Inmate 1: "what are you in for?"
Me: "Throwing spiders in a car."
Inmate 1: "This place is going downhill..."  :o

Or

I also think next time I travel with companions that might see if I can get everyone to agree to wear some communist style outfits for the trip (think the outfits from the Mission Impossible TV series running in the 60's). After obtaining the outfits I would have the oldest member of our group be the "premier" upon which the rest of us could don supportive titles pretending to be from some small unknown country. Then we would of course commence asking odd requests and security measures.

Or

To go out in public with about 8 people with sunglasses, newspapers, hats, and trench coats. Sit in a general area (such as  a large cafe or small park) and commence to peer at each other over the newspapers suspicious every few minutes.

Any of y'all have fun things you think... or am I the only one who is looney with too much mental free time?

Matthias
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Stupid Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »

A VERY long time ago, me and 4 buddies did a "Men in Black" gag on a buddy that had just been hired as a waiter at a local restaurant.
This was LONG before the movie came out. We were thinking "Secret Service" here.
One of the guys father had a Lincoln Marquis, black.
5 of us piled in, black suits, hats, shoes and sunglasses. 10:00 at night, of course.
Screeched to a stop in front of the place. Driver stood inside the restaurant door, "guarding" it.
5 minutes later, the 4 of us go in, and split up in 2 pairs. 1 set at the back, 1 set in the middle, plus our "doorman", who didn't move from the door.
Coffee, black. Hot dog, no toppings, just the bun. Toasted.
Ate our "meals", Paid in cash (no tip), and disappeared into the darkness.
The look on Andre's face (our waiter/buddy) was priceless........
This was 30 years ago, and whenever I see Andre, all i have to do is put on a pair of shades, and we both crack up.
Did a lot of weird shit in my 20's.
Hey, never got busted or busted up, so couldn't have been too bad.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

scottstephens

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »

Hey, all. As we all know, life on the road can get pretty boring when you are traveling and we have to entertain ourselves to keep from going nuts. So one week we were all playing tricks and jokes on each other including the "chart-topping" male country duo that we've all heard of.

After setting for a show up in a football stadium in Texas, I thought it would be funny to super glue a couple of the bus doors shut.

"F...ing Hilarious" said the tour manager, "you will never do that again."

I didn't EVER do that again. By the way, the duo laughed their asses off and took their private planes to the next gig.

scott

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »

The funniest prank I ever heard was this one:

So a guy gets blackout drunk, goes back to his 3rd floor dormroom and passes out. During the night while he sleeping it off his buddies move his whole room down to the first floor.  I the morning the buddies had found a giant body-builder type of dude. He busted in the door and started screaming at the sleeping guy, "You fxxxed my girlfriend! You're the guy" I'm gonna kill you!". At which time the big dude picks up the sleepy guy and THROWS HIM OUT THE WINDOW! Nothing wakes you up like being hungover and thinking you just got thrown out of a 3rd story window! Lolol
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:05:03 PM »

The funniest prank I ever heard was this one:

So a guy gets blackout drunk, goes back to his 3rd floor dormroom and passes out. During the night while he sleeping it off his buddies move his whole room down to the first floor.  I the morning the buddies had found a giant body-builder type of dude. He busted in the door and started screaming at the sleeping guy, "You fxxxed my girlfriend! You're the guy" I'm gonna kill you!". At which time the big dude picks up the sleepy guy and THROWS HIM OUT THE WINDOW! Nothing wakes you up like being hungover and thinking you just got thrown out of a 3rd story window! Lolol

That is pretty good!

My favorite prank I have heard of so far; one of my friends when he was in college about 15 years back had a massive dorm wide pranking war; to the point there was about 2 inches of water on the floors (yikes!) and the university had to make a significant amount of new rules after they left. Anyways the prank that ended it all: someone went and bought several thousand African biting grass hoppers from a pet store. They put the grasshopper box in the elevator, opened it, and pressed the up button.....  ;D ;D ;D End result the dorm was infested with biting grasshoppers for several weeks and everyone had to move out.  ???

I don't know who they are, but I will not mess with them!

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 04:43:04 PM »

I barely recall as a rambunctious youth I once contributed to "repatriating" every lawn gnome in about a mile radius into a gaggle assembled on one unsuspecting lawn. It was a surprising number of them.

It was entertaining at the time. Please respect other people's tacky lawn property, kids.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »

I barely recall as a rambunctious youth I once contributed to "repatriating" every lawn gnome in about a mile radius into a gaggle assembled on one unsuspecting lawn. It was a surprising number of them.

It was entertaining at the time. Please respect other people's tacky lawn property, kids.

Hmmm on the opposite spectrum my mother has a distinct distaste for lawn gnomes. So every time I visit I find the cheapest and most repugnant lawn gnome I can at the store and I hide it somewhere in her garden... Last time I visited some ladies had came over for a garden tour and they found lawn gnomes. :-D

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »

We also did this in the 1980s.

I don't know if you have such a thing in the US, but in the UK (although it's less popular now) you can have your milk delivered daily, early in the morning.  The milkman comes to your house, leaves the milk you ordered and takes away the empty bottles left out the night before.

We collected hundreds of bottles from many houses and placed them all outside one house then hid and waited for the milkman to turn up.

Steve.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.