ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Generator Tails  (Read 9244 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: Generator Tails
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »

Yeah, that's the next thing to worry about. I don't know if anyone makes a 14-50P with a big enough strain relief, so I'll check around a bit.

I have the Camco that you list prior. It worked fairly well. I could take measurements/pics with my caliper if you wanted.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 11:33:09 AM »

I have the Camco that you list prior. It worked fairly well. I could take measurements/pics with my caliper if you wanted.

Camco is a sponsor of my RV articles, so I can probably get them to send me a bunch of their connectors to try out.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 11:41:35 AM »

Camco is a sponsor of my RV articles, so I can probably get them to send me a bunch of their connectors to try out.

Yeahhhh...  :-[ I realized how useless my suggestion was after I said it.

But that's cool!
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Mike Sokol

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »

Yeahhhh...  :-[ I realized how useless my suggestion was after I said it.

But that's cool!

No, I really do appreciate the offer, and I would certainly take you up on it if I didn't have access. But I like to have an excuse to talk to these application engineers.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »

Or would making a box with Cam lock on one side and 14-50 out be a better transition. 

Mike Sokol

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »

Or would making a box with Cam lock on one side and 14-50 out be a better transition.

No, it needs to have a 14-50 plug on the incoming power side, and camlok outs to feed the distro.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 01:13:56 PM »

No, it needs to have a 14-50 plug on the incoming power side, and camlok outs to feed the distro.

What "real" generator has 14-50 outlets?  Not poking fun but asking as I see either CS-series or 5-20 GFCI, then either lugs or CamLoks for the high-current side.

I'd guess some smaller generators (home, light construction) might have 14-50 but I haven't use that kind of generator in a long time.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »

A 2U case with a CS inlet and mini cams out to set on top of the distro?
I think middle Atlantic had one. I used a 1U for my PMD.
Then a CS feeder from a generator works or add a CS to 14-50 for the stove socket?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »

Yep - Single conductor is "SC".  :)

For the letter of the law you're still in trouble because your 14-50 plug's cable clamp isn't rated for bundled single conductors, but it's a better situation than broken out SOOW.  Now we need to talk about using #6 wire for 50 amps.  :)  In this particular case #6 SC can handle it (unlike 6/4 SOOW which is only rated for 45a for 3 current-carrying conductors), but it's not a good habit.

My reading of Code and various manufacturer's product descriptions leads me to understand that "SC" stands for Stage Cable, as it's available in multi-conductor configurations.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.