ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frequency range of important aspects of a mix?  (Read 2670 times)

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Frequency range of important aspects of a mix?
« on: March 29, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »

I find we chat a lot about the technical aspect of SE on PSW but we don't really focus on the phonetic aspect of SE.

As sound engineers we have the ability to make or break a band/speaker, in truth the person on stage is putting there entire career in our hands for a period of time(ok maybe that is a bit of hyperbole) but honestly, not all of us know what is pounding into our eardrums and why we have a headache simply from that loud music the night before.

I would like to discuss the frequency range of some of the most common instrument here a little. This is more a general thing where we mass our collective knowledge together for refferrance purpose.

I honestly do not want to cover the human voice again because it is taught comprehensively in many places but rather learn some things we didn't know or maybe knew but never actually thought about.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
Re: Frequency range of important aspects of a mix?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:13:12 AM »

I would like to discuss the frequency range of some of the most common instrument here a little. This is more a general thing where we mass our collective knowledge together for refferrance purpose.

The Yamaha Sound Reinforcement handbook has a nice chart on this... if you don't have that book, it is a good one and well worth buying.

Cheers,
Nils

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »

I always liked pages 19 and 24 in the K-T DN360 manual that can be found at http://www.klarkteknik.com/manuals.php.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.