ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for the best lectern mic setup  (Read 8281 times)

Trevor Ludwig

• Minneapolis, MN
Re: Looking for the best lectern mic setup
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »

I swear by Earthworks.  We do commencement twice a year at our university and they constantly outperform anything else I've used.  reasonable price, and they have never disappointed me.  I'm particular to their gooseneck mics, like the FM500.
Trevor Ludwig

John Penkala

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »

Good evening!  I am looking for a live sound option for speaking heads at a lectern.  I do sound for many events that use a lectern and some of the speakers are very soft spoken and dont use good mic technique.  I want an option that provides good gain before feedback.  Several options that I have looked at are: (2) sm-57 mics side by side with wind screens like the sm-57vip setup, EV RE-20 (maybe even two side by side), sm7b, SM-58, Beta 87C.  Size is not a factor as I care more about the sound than the way it looks.  Just wanted some advice from the community.  Thanks so much

Tracy

At 1/3'rd the price of many of the mics mentioned the Shure MX412 or MX418 will definitely outperform the mics you've listed. The critical distances are #1. between the presenter and the mic and  #2. between the mic and the loudspeakers. #1. The closer the better. #2. The further the better.

MikeHarris

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »

At 1/3'rd the price of many of the mics mentioned the Shure MX412 or MX418 will definitely outperform the mics you've listed.
You might have made it clearer...the MX412/418 does not include a capsule without the appropriate suffix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.