ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A New First for Me  (Read 10429 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: A New First for Me
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 07:10:12 PM »

I totally 'get it' if the customer even looks remotely unhappy - we try to make some accommodation to keep the client happy.  What or how much that needs to be isn't the point.

This technical issue appears to be an operational failure on the part of the BE.  While a client doesn't care who is responsible (and clients tend to look at the payee name on the cheque), neither Bill nor a member of his staff caused the problem.  If a design shortcoming (not enough rig sounds specious) is evident, a discount on next year's show might be in order; if the client is hiring acts that do not advance the gig or, day of show, need far more than the client is paying for or agreed to, that is not Bill's fault either.

As I said earlier, for a 25% discount there must be other, less obvious factors at play.  I also wonder why Bill felt it necessary to perform his Mea Culpa in the forums.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 08:41:12 AM »

Personally I like what Tim said about discounting NEXT year.
We recently were a little under gunned at a gig (partially a misunderstanding of audience area). We worked tirelessly to get the delay fills as loud as we could to cover the area in question. My apology/solution, I offered that next year we will bring more delays at no additional charge.
That made the customer very happy, acknowledged that that area was not up to snuff but we had a solution to make it sound as good as the rest of the event.
I also like this approach because it gives them incentive to use your services again and shows we are working to improve and be excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon G. Romanowski

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »

I'd hate to see this guy's reaction to an actual problem. 😂

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »

Bill_

What did you previously use v. the new EAW? What in your expected prior output calculations v. new reality  became out-of-range?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.