ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice for using what I have for big event...............  (Read 8217 times)

Kevin Maxwell

Re: Advice for using what I have for big event...............
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 06:57:32 pm »

Whoaa.. khaki shorts over khaki pants.  That's new

Those are the kind of pants where the lower part of the legs zips off and become shorts.

kel mcguire

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 07:41:44 pm »

crowd from 0-2000? That makes it a bit tougher but I suppose aim for the upper end and the crowd of 0 will be happy  8)

I've done quite a few things over my head, and some with the QRx115 too. They get pretty loud with low power but won't do much more with monster power amps too. The horn can rotate and two per side does pretty well. Delay speakers can work really well but they need to be right in line with mains and protected from patrons. Cable ramps are sometimes a worse trip hazard... burying cables a possibility?

like most have said thought, the speakers are probably the least worrisome aspects of this.

in no order, I wonder about:

power
permits
insurance
security
parking
SAFETY
fencing
backup plans for key equipment
weather
Fly date that needs backlining?
all the other stuff ;D

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 01:41:56 am »

Those are the kind of pants where the lower part of the legs zips off and become shorts.

See how much I learn here?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Rose

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 11:41:59 am »

Thanks all........short story, the show went well. 
Long giberish' broken english - bad spelling - version.....set up Fri afternoon - storm warnings began shortly after, calling for 80mph wind - decided to put everything but the cables and amp racks, back in the trailer - storm did in fact roll in - around 1am I hung out in the sideways rain holding down the tarps on the amp rack (they were fine but im a worry wort)...aint gonna lie to ya -did a little bit of soul searching at this point in time as im under this 20' tall lighting rod (stage) during a lighting storm/Missouri hurricane- 3am ish - no need for a shower - just had a 2 hr natural one....couldnt sleep rest of the night thinking about things....- 5 am comes around - did I get any sleep? ...i dont know but its time to make the donuts..lets do this thing......drag everything out again (by myself) - take my time letting things dry out - throw a tubo fan on the amp racks just in case something got wet (per my 3-5 am cant sleep game plan)....fast forward through the coffee jitters, drying the snakes, stage, cables, etc... solving a few new power supply problems,  meeting the monitor guy for the first time, etc etc - the system fired up and sounded great. My new "thrift store pillow wedges" made perfect splays for the tops.  Constant coverage...you guys were right - didnt need center fill.  The sub delays widened the throw.   Damned if things didnt sound like a real concert.  Happy happy...but cant dwell in that as always anticipating the next problem.  As time for PPL approaches - the threat of rain increases....  order up a few more tarps.....as PPL sets up - the rain cell is very close - we decide to tarp the stage and wait see what happens -  PPL is cool with this and go back to there RV.  With everything tarped - fly speakers down - crowd in the building (after our public announcement) the rain sets in for 45 min or so............once again im standing out in the rain holding down tarps trying to keep things dry --  my father (who is crazy like me) is doig the same ---ha    ---  one hard core fan is still in his fold chair with an umbrella waiting for PPL to start - we have nice conversation.  the 3 or 4 of us.  rain starts lettiing up - burr ---its cold standing here in soaking clothes - go to camper make my outfit change - head into the rv with PPL  - hey these guys are real people too - ha.  (most of my crew was already partying with the band in the rv at this point)  ...after a couple beers (nerve medicine) - i make a few rounds ----  "aint no way gonna fire this rig up now standing water and all"  i tell myself.....back into the rv with the band and my crew - oh they are having a great time now -- i try to join the fun ---by now the rain stopped - the crowd was making its way back to the stage area ---  I ask my crew sparky (electricain) whom I trust -  i said sparky if you tell me its ok to fire this thing back up - its game on.  I got the ok - removed tarps - leaf blow a few wet spots on the stage -  plug the snake back in - see my board lights come on -  heck yea (i was worried the board got fried- i love that board--remember im a worry wort)   - im still uncertain that my processor goes back to the save file on the computer so i recall the setting - oh wait - did I just "save as" and erase that dang thing - so after a quick reprogram of the delays, xovers - i get the nerve to fire up the amp racks - yet again ---  hey they came on too - ok cool....now i dont know if you guys experience this feeling but its now time to head to the board and throw on some program music and "see what we got" ...on the way to the foh i walk through the crowd and to ease my nerves i start singing "amy" loudly....a few crowd people fall into the chorus with me....excitement is building  ...get to the board....program music signal lights - check -- here we go with the fade - cross your fingers.........yes....everything on and ready to rock --....party on garth...................fast forward 4 am - i finally hit the sack in the camper  -------great experience -- sore back

Tim Rose

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 11:52:16 am »

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 12:32:14 pm »

Awesome!
Brian Jojade

Tim Rose

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 12:33:43 pm »

Hard core fan.   
I ask him hows it going...........      "umbrella got a hole in it"    .................  sound like a country song.....

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:26 pm »

Sounds like the only quote you needed was Hannibal Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Glad it worked out for you!
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Nate Zifra

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 04:56:23 pm »

Glad it all worked out!  Thank you for posting the results.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 04:56:23 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.