ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Arena Show Power Rooms  (Read 7951 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Arena Show Power Rooms
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 07:11:03 PM »

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Assuming most of these rooms just have large access panels in the wall to pull cables out toward the main Floor?

In the 2 power rooms I mentioned above the walls are concrete block and there is one block missing from the bottom row to pass cables through.  I've posted pics from one of the rooms before but I can't find the posts here so I may repost them if they're still on my phone...

2 of the 200A services and 1 of the 400A services are on Union Connector company switches (link below), the others terminate to plain gray steel boxes with Crouse-Hinds E0200 and E0400 panels like the ones linked below, but with double neutrals.

https://www.unionconnector.com/product/company-switch-with-series-16-safecam-receptacles-and-connection-chamber-400-amp

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/crouse-hinds/brands/posilok.html

PosiLok panels have mechanically interlocked connector covers to force proper connection/disconnection order and the connector back shells are keyed in a way that prevents mating with the wrong conductors.

The Union Connector switches have plunger-type Microswitches in the CamLok female connectors.  Failure to completely connect all CamLoks will not allow the shunt trip to close and the main breaker cannot be engaged.  Because the architects specified double neutrals there is a dummy CamLok for the 2nd neutral.  Also these switches have a connection chamber to directly tie in tails or feeder without CamLoks.  If the chamber door is opened the shunt trip opens too, de-energizing the switch.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:17:52 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »

So just how much power did they need for this show when the lights kick in on the big mirror ball around 6:46? This was in the 90's so that was traditional lighting instruments and a lotta Lasers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs&list=RDvi7cuAjArRs

Ummm. All of it ?  ::)
I seem to recall when they were here (Big OWE, Montreal) that they had a couple of Tractor-Trailer mounted Gensets to "help" the local Hydro.
Chris.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:01:24 PM by Chris Hindle »
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.