ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound Flashline coax wedges  (Read 16947 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Turbosound Flashline coax wedges
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 12:44:07 AM »

Thanks for the response, at least yours was relevant to the product in question.  Do you know if yours was the lower level 1100w box, or the higher end 2500w box?  I'm thinking about replacing my ART 312a's for them, if I can find a place to demo.  Trying to go smaller if I can.

Mike,
The reason many responses recommended trying other gear is that most of us don't want to talk negatively about a company.  We would rather suggest checking out alternatives that you might be able to get and listen to in a similar price point.  Unfortunately you may have a hard time finding Turbosound products to demo and then to actually purchase since Turbo has been a less than responsive company to even their largest users for quite some time now. 

I just had a customer that we routinely work with who had an all Turbosound nightclub.  They had small, 2x10" subs for the entry area in front of the club.  They placed an order with the only Turbosound dealer in our area for complete replacements for all of the sub cabinets.  After waiting for receipt for about a year (I think that it was 16 months) and being repeatedly told that the speakers were almost ready to ship they (the customer) finally cancelled the order and went with another manufacturer.

This is not an isolated incident.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Rick Powell

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »

Mike,
The reason many responses recommended trying other gear is that most of us don't want to talk negatively about a company.  We would rather suggest checking out alternatives that you might be able to get and listen to in a similar price point.  Unfortunately you may have a hard time finding Turbosound products to demo and then to actually purchase since Turbo has been a less than responsive company to even their largest users for quite some time now. 

I just had a customer that we routinely work with who had an all Turbosound nightclub.  They had small, 2x10" subs for the entry area in front of the club.  They placed an order with the only Turbosound dealer in our area for complete replacements for all of the sub cabinets.  After waiting for receipt for about a year (I think that it was 16 months) and being repeatedly told that the speakers were almost ready to ship they (the customer) finally cancelled the order and went with another manufacturer.

This is not an isolated incident.

Lee

The TFX122M-AN is the 1100 watt powered model
The TFM122M-AN is the 2500 watt powered model

At least one retailer says they have both in stock.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c450--Stage_Monitors?params=eyJmYWNldCI6eyJCcmFuZCI6WyJUdXJib3NvdW5kIl19fQ

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 06:59:55 AM »

I'm sorry for any confusion. I got the numbers switched around. My experience is with the 2500 watt TFM version.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 08:01:45 AM »

The TFX122M-AN is the 1100 watt powered model
The TFM122M-AN is the 2500 watt powered model

At least one retailer says they have both in stock.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c450--Stage_Monitors?params=eyJmYWNldCI6eyJCcmFuZCI6WyJUdXJib3NvdW5kIl19fQ

It would be nice to see what used to be a respected touring manufacturer finally being able to provide equipment again.  We will have to see how they keep up with demand and if the quality is back to their old standards.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Peter Morris

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »

It would be nice to see what used to be a respected touring manufacturer finally being able to provide equipment again.  We will have to see how they keep up with demand and if the quality is back to their old standards.

Lee

FWIW – the TMW 112 and 115 were both excellent wedges using one of B&C best 12” and 15” neo – coaxial drivers.  I believe these were very similar drivers to what was used in d&b Audiotechnik M4 and M6 costing much much more.  The TWM series were a true pro wedge at an excellent price.

http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/coaxial/12-0/8/12hcx76

http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/coaxial/15-0/8/15hcx76

http://www.muzykaitechnologia.pl/website/var/tmp/image-thumbnails/20000/22454/thumb__galeria_duze_r/turbosound5_kopia.jpeg

For some strange reason Uli changed the name to TFM122 and TFM152 and deleted anything that you could describe as a professional specification sheet.  After that the box was modified and the handle removed making way for an amplifier module with ridiculous peak power specifications.

What’s unclear is if this is still the same quality box or just a rebadged Behringer box. The specification now indicates that it has a 1.4” diaphragm where the original box had a 3” diaphragm with a 1.4” exit, but clearly the marketing people have no technical idea … who knows what it is?

If they have maintained the same driver etc.; added some good processing and power amplifications; this will be one of the best wedges you can buy, and at an incredible price.

... time will tell.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:06:51 AM by Peter Morris »

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »

Really want hear these and see if there is a large bump in performance between the tfm and tfx.

Anyone know of any demos available in the Philadelphia area?

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »

As far as i know Turbo still makes a distinction between new (chinese) and old (UK) product lines.

jim whitmer

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 01:25:38 PM »

Anyone using either of these on a regular basis yet? Gutted either to take a peek inside?

The TFM122an's have my interest.

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 12:21:42 PM »

I’m putting 6 of these (TFX version) in a local theater for monitors in March. I’ll let you know when I get a chance to spend some time with them.

Rusty Stevens

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 02:19:47 AM »

Was using JBL PRX 712 wedges for my system. Went to expand out for a full second rig. The 712's sound pretty nice, the TFX122-AN blows them out of the water. My dealer discount price was south of $600 each, but I ordered 6 and a Milan 18 sub (for drum monitor). They have a tight pattern, and artists have to be reminded that if they look down and it's not pointed at their head they won't hear it as well (most are used to multi-use cabinets that blast back instead of up). I A/B'd the 12 and the 15 with some other audio folks. We agreed that the 12 sounded better, you did not gain the expected bass punch from the 15, the mid dropped out, and there were phasing issues as you moved around in front of the cabinet. I've measured the output with limit flashing and pre-recorded rock at 125db C/Slow at 6ft on axis (your meter may vary - older radio shack digital meter). Simply put it works and is a great bang for the buck for what I paid.
Anyone heard the Turbosound Flashline coaxial monitors?  Comes in both 15" and 12" variants, "1100 watt" amplifier (I know, Behringer watts, probably something like 550w RMS if I had to guess), and around $749 street for the 12" model.  Only thing I don't like seeing so far is the lack of Powercon but is given for the price point.  Similar look to the dB Technologies Flexsys FM12, but a little narrower & deeper, and around 37lbs so not bad weight wise.  Would like to take a listen to these and see how they perform, I'd like a nice compact coax monitor for the low level shows I do (bar shows, small festival non-national work, etc)

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Turbosound/FLASHLINE-MONITORS/TFX122M-AN/p/P0BMU

EDIT: After a bit more looking around, there seem to be two variants of each size. One version of the 12's is 1100 watts with an IEC connector for $749, and another version is 2500 watts with Powercon connectors and is $1799 street.  Makes me wonder...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 02:19:47 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.