ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multirack Soundgrid. Tweak multiple PI's at once?  (Read 2358 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Multirack Soundgrid. Tweak multiple PI's at once?
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:44:36 AM »

Hi y'all.

Is there a way to to tweak the same control on multiple plugs at once? Maybe with an external midi controller? Or not, I don't care how it happens, but it would be cool if I could so this WITHOUT using snapshots.

The reason Is I'm using 3 instances of Waves Tune Real Time (which is awesome) and would like to switch the song key on all 3 plugs at the same time.

I am a Midi noob. I've never used any type of midi keyboard or controller to any great degree. So I'm not sure if a single knob can control multiple parameters.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: Multirack Soundgrid. Tweak multiple PI's at once?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »

I'm not sure how the sound grid software works but from what I know it is possible in a DAW
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »

Hi y'all.

Is there a way to to tweak the same control on multiple plugs at once? Maybe with an external midi controller? Or not, I don't care how it happens, but it would be cool if I could so this WITHOUT using snapshots.

The reason Is I'm using 3 instances of Waves Tune Real Time (which is awesome) and would like to switch the song key on all 3 plugs at the same time.

I am a Midi noob. I've never used any type of midi keyboard or controller to any great degree. So I'm not sure if a single knob can control multiple parameters.

hi Tim!

Why would snapshot control be an issue ?
I dont think this can be done using a controller, but ill verify in the shop once. But once you map the controller to the Waves midi software, I think it only controls the active plugin.

My RTA is always flat.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:25:32 PM »

hi Tim!

Why would snapshot control be an issue ?
I dont think this can be done using a controller, but ill verify in the shop once. But once you map the controller to the Waves midi software, I think it only controls the active plugin.

Because if I had 21 snapshots to represent all the major and minor keys, if I updated another plugin, I'd have to update it on all 21 snapshots.

I guess I could recall safe everything EXCEPT the Waves Tune plugs, but then I think it would mess with me in other ways, like loading scenes between different setups. I'm not real clear on how powerful the safes are in Multirack.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »

Because if I had 21 snapshots to represent all the major and minor keys, if I updated another plugin, I'd have to update it on all 21 snapshots.

I guess I could recall safe everything EXCEPT the Waves Tune plugs, but then I think it would mess with me in other ways, like loading scenes between different setups. I'm not real clear on how powerful the safes are in Multirack.

I think an email to Waves is a good thing.  I'm fooling with Multirack on my desktop at home and haven't found an obvious way to do what I think you want - a real time "propagate" of on the fly changes to modify all instances of the plug in.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:54:28 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »

Send waves a mail. I have had support from them on various midi controller related questions. As of now, even for my very basic needs, its poor.
Considering how its marketed as a replacement to all that the Venue consoles initiated, it falls short on implementation.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:06:09 PM by Nitin Sidhu »
My RTA is always flat.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.