ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer  (Read 17412 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »

There is certainly a "horses for courses" aspect to the app discussion.  If you're never going to use anything but app control, weighting the app more heavily in the decision tree is smart, but depending on your personal work flow or parameter access preferences the same app may get radically different ratings from any 2 users.

With my X32 Rack I use both the Behringer iPad App, and Mixing Station Pro on my Nexus 7 tablet.  I'll usually have a laptop hooked up too, as it matches my 'belt & suspenders'. 8)

Neither of the apps are exactly what I want but both have their strengths and together they are a powerful set of tools.  Overall I like the iPad app for naming channels and a couple of setup things but for active mixing I like Mixing Station for its custom layers.

That all said, I still like physical faders even if I have to switch banks.  I no longer require a physical fader *per channel* as part of my workflow.  Mom says if I continue to evolve my knuckles will stop dragging the ground and nobody will call me "drummer" any more... ;)
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 23 queries.