ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Low Profile" subs or other options?  (Read 5957 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
"Low Profile" subs or other options?
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »

Looking for a recommendation after searching around throughout the day.  Church install, current subs are some homebuilt subs.  Wide room with balcony, wider than it is long for sure.  Probably 100 feet wide of audience coverage. 

Regardless, the current subs are not doing the job.  The location is in the wall, lifted 6 feet in the air.  Spaced at 30 feet apart.  They are also severely underpowered.  I am putting in some balcony fills and fixing the sub issue.  They just had the stage rebuilt, and the deck height is only 20-22inches.  Therefore unless there is a reputable sub I am missing that has some low profile design, center clustering under the stage I am thinking is a no go which I was trying to utilize for smoother coverage.  Want to verify before I start down another path.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: "Low Profile" subs or other options?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:39:09 PM »

Nex RS 15 is 17.9" tall.  Danley has a number of options that are short.  Find a dealer who can help you find a sub that meets your height requirement as well as output requirement.  Keep in mind you'll need the depth and width for a big sub even if it's relatively thin.  It's too bad the stage got reworked without tech being involved.  Too bad but also too typical.  You may have to rework it some more to get proper subs to fit.

James Hicks

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06:48 AM »

Looking for a recommendation after searching around throughout the day.  Church install, current subs are some homebuilt subs.  Wide room with balcony, wider than it is long for sure.  Probably 100 feet wide of audience coverage. 

Regardless, the current subs are not doing the job.  The location is in the wall, lifted 6 feet in the air.  Spaced at 30 feet apart.  They are also severely underpowered.  I am putting in some balcony fills and fixing the sub issue.  They just had the stage rebuilt, and the deck height is only 20-22inches.  Therefore unless there is a reputable sub I am missing that has some low profile design, center clustering under the stage I am thinking is a no go which I was trying to utilize for smoother coverage.  Want to verify before I start down another path.

Is the height of 20-22" from floor to joists under the stage, or is that the overall height?

If it's the former, some Danley TH Mini 15s laid on their side might do the trick.

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »

Is the height of 20-22" from floor to joists under the stage, or is that the overall height?

If it's the former, some Danley TH Mini 15s laid on their side might do the trick.

That is to the Deck, so yes even less to work with.

James Hicks

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:15:02 AM »

I thought that was what you meant. Ouch.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »

Multiples of the TH-Spud at 11" high or the TH-28 at 10" high.  They are dual-8" tapped horns.
They also make the dual-12" CTS10 and CS30 that are in around 16" high
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »

Multiples of the TH-Spud at 11" high or the TH-28 at 10" high.  They are dual-8" tapped horns.
They also make the dual-12" CTS10 and CS30 that are in around 16" high
I would not suggest the TH SPUD for live music.

While it goes very low, it is limited in output.

The TH28 was the first Danley sub, and it is small, but also limited in output.

So it depends on how much level is needed.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »

BagEnd has some low profile subs in their Neptune and the Infra lines.  I've used their musical instrument, infra and home theater/studio and been happy, but never really had a chance with their live sound products.

http://bagend.com/products/series/neptune/

http://bagend.com/products/series/bag-end-infrasub-series/
This space for rent

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Mark Mattocks

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »

Maybe the Electrovoice QRX118S @ around 18". Are you planning to build an enclosure around them under the stage?

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »

Just saw an ad for a Ramsdell Audio sub that fits 2 x 12" in 9" of height and was reminded of this thread.
http://www.ramsdellproaudio.com/620r-double-12-low-profile-sub?__m=0

They also have a dual-15 listed of the same style but their site wasn't agreeing with my browser so no specs.
http://ramsdell.publishpath.com/670r-double-15-low-profile-sub
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.