ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: recommendation for WAP  (Read 12244 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: recommendation for WAP
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »

I don't understand why the brand of IP addressable mixer connected to the router would make any difference, so I've likely missed something.

Neither do I but I keep getting the "no wifi available" message with anything other than cheap 'routers" on the M7
When the Bullet did work, it was great, but not reliable.
I have launched $300 worth of equipment into the bin as the results are not worth the frustration. If they are out of sight, I won't be tempted to try again....and again...and again.
Can't tell you how many hours I have wasted on this.
Here is the deal...
When I turn the key on the car, I want the f#&* thing to start!
Same with WiFi remote control. All I should have to do is address the console(s) to the correct IP range.

This whole networking think hurts my head. At least Dante networks actually...well...WORK!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »

I have launched $300 worth of equipment into the bin as the results are not worth the frustration. If they are out of sight, I won't be tempted to try again....and again...and again.

I'll pay for shipping & some frustration compensation :P

This is what I use too. I use a velcro strap to mount it on a spare mic stand up high. The setup wasn't completely automatic but it was much easier than what I read over on the Bullet thread.

This is basically my plan to get/do. But it is for my A&H gear not Yamaha, so no halps to OP.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »

Neither do I but I keep getting the "no wifi available" message with anything other than cheap 'routers" on the M7
Assuming that message is coming up on your iPad, that certainly is not related to the console you're using. If you're getting that message, you'd get it even without a console connected.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »

Assuming that message is coming up on your iPad, that certainly is not related to the console you're using. If you're getting that message, you'd get it even without a console connected.

I agree.  This is an issue between your remote device and whatever router/WAP is in use, not the console.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 02:17:39 PM »

I use Netgear WNDR3700 units. They just work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »

I agree.  This is an issue between your remote device and whatever router/WAP is in use, not the console.

If you're getting a "No WiFi Available" message on StageMix when using static IPs and don't have other WiFi issues, then that can be because the DNS/Router info is left blank in the network config on the iPad.
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=161626.0
-Andy

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »

True.
To be more accurate, it's the Yamaha software that is throwing the code.
It's not "seeing" something it wants and no one I have talked to can elaborate as to what it is.
Doesn't happen on any other console software on the iPad.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Scott Helmke

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »

True.
It's not "seeing" something it wants and no one I have talked to can elaborate as to what it is.

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but just in case...

Aside from the TF series, which is a much newer design in terms of networking and user interface, Yamaha consoles w/ a network port pretty much have to be on the same subnet with the computer or iPad running remote control software. That's the basic problem with the Bullet, in that it has only one hardware port which is essentially the same as the "Internet" port on most small wifi routers. We use Netgear N600 wifi routers, and they have four local ports and one Internet port. Guess which port is always covered with a P-Touch label saying "don't use"?

We bought one of those Bullets a couple years back, and it's useful for some things but definitely not controlling Yamaha consoles.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a terminology thing but I'm Perry sure that unless you have two correctly stop rioters linking the subnets nothing will communicate unless it's on the same subnet...

If your using a proper switch and not just a cheap one it could be that the Yamaha consoles just don't recognise IP traffic correctly and therefore the switch doesn't forward it correctly but I'm no IT pro so I could be misunderstanding things.

As far as I know ubiquity and a lot of higher end WAP devices have a lot more granular control of things, it could likely be a configuration setting that Yamaha hasn't address that is causing the incomparability.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »

True.
Just checking, but you know that on the with the iPad Air 2 and up you have to set the M7 interface to 10meg instead of 100meg in the network settings, right?
Also, you are filling in the Router and DNS fields on your iPad if you're using Static IPs, correct? I never use static, I set my WAP to the 192.168.0.x subnet (default for Yamaha) and use DHCP. It's more convenient and works every time for me.
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.