Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Android Only dmx Controller

(1/4) > >>

Steve Garris:
I've given up on my idea of dmx on the same iPad that I mix with. So now I'm looking at a small, android tablet with lighting software. I've done a little searching, but haven't found much yet. The goal is a simple lighting program with scenes and fade rate, to be run by the android tablet only - no pc. Anyone know of a program?

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Steve Garris on May 10, 2017, 02:34:27 PM ---I've given up on my idea of dmx on the same iPad that I mix with. So now I'm looking at a small, android tablet with lighting software. I've done a little searching, but haven't found much yet. The goal is a simple lighting program with scenes and fade rate, to be run by the android tablet only - no pc. Anyone know of a program?

--- End quote ---

Sorry Steve... iPad user here with Luminair. The system has been fantastic. I always use separate iPads - one for sound and one for lights. Unless you are against using an ipad, you can pick up a refurbished one pretty cheap through Apple with good long warranty.

Steve Garris:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on May 10, 2017, 03:27:34 PM ---Sorry Steve... iPad user here with Luminair. The system has been fantastic. I always use separate iPads - one for sound and one for lights. Unless you are against using an ipad, you can pick up a refurbished one pretty cheap through Apple with good long warranty.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps I can find a mini. I need to strap it to my arm. The android's are so cheap! I did just purchase a new iPad, but haven't put it to use yet for mixing.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Steve Garris on May 11, 2017, 01:19:52 PM ---Perhaps I can find a mini. I need to strap it to my arm. The android's are so cheap! I did just purchase a new iPad, but haven't put it to use yet for mixing.

--- End quote ---

The androids are cheap I agree BUT I can honestly say that my iPads for sound and lights have been 100% reliable for years. My Samsung tablet still loses connection once in a while if I choose to use it instead of my iPad (for sound).
I also use a mini for lights and the cases I have both my iPad mini and iPad standard in have straps that I can put my hand through for ease of use whilst walking around.
I use my little home made stand for both at shows....

Jeff Lelko:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on May 11, 2017, 02:24:18 PM ---The androids are cheap I agree BUT I can honestly say that my iPads for sound and lights have been 100% reliable for years.

--- End quote ---

I second this.  I was forced to bite the bullet and buy an iPad for my A&H Qu-Pac.  While I didn't care for the high price of the 12.9" iPad Pro that I eventually settled on, I haven't regretted the purchase for one second.  It's rock solid and gets the job done.  I've had no trouble driving the rig via wifi from over 200ft away outdoors.  Not to derail your request any further, but have you also considered a small "puck" computer with a tablet for remote control?  Can a Windows 10 tablet fit the bill for both?  I know - more questions that answers, but hope some of this helps drive your decision making process!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version