ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo PS15 EQ for dance music  (Read 38657 times)

RichardStringer

Re: Nexo PS15 EQ for dance music
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »

Jean-Pierre...
Thanks for being polite it means a lot but Randy did say "Respect is earned.  What have you done to get any?". So he's saying I don't any respect, i'm not a millionaire so I have to buy what I can afford, so what I haven't got a van I can hire one out for as little as £35 to get my stuff to and from the club so why would I need to save and save and buy one NOW.

I'm open to suggestions but it's impossible for me to demo hardly any speaker cabs because the only places which do allow demos are places which only sell cheap dj speakers like the Yamah DXR12 or RCF Art312A which aren't gonna be loud enough. You couldn't possibly understand how greatful I am for you people actually taking time out from your lives to try and help me, it means a lot. I have a hard time having faith and also coping with confrontation because of me having Autism, but I do try my best.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »

it's impossible for me to demo hardly any speaker cabs because the only places which do allow demos are places which only sell cheap dj speakers like the Yamah DXR12 or RCF Art312A

If you want to hear the Nexos, it might be easier to find a sound company within travelling distance who would be prepared to let you listen to them.

I know of, and sometimes work for a company with some Nexo PS15s - but I'm on the Isle of Wight which might be a bit impractical for you.

Steve.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »

Actually pal I store my system in my flat, how I run my system in the club is none of your business and simply because i'm a human being I deserve some respect, if all you want to do is start a fight then do me a favour and don't reply anymore. A lot of the people who've replied have been very polite to me, if you can't be polite then stay away. THANK YOU.

You better be careful.  A few of us have noticed that several other Richard's have posted, always seeking emotional justification of some silly purpose.  Same style writing.

I will leave the group to decide but this debate has gone beyond pedantic.  Your mission is specious and the depth of knowledge makes you a boring debater.

With all those things in mind my 1 vote says thread locked and Richard needs to send the mods a copy of his ID.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »

Have you actually demo'd the DXR 12/15s and determined that they won't be loud enough, I mean the room you posted a few pages back is pretty tiny and I honestly thing 2 18" with a 12" top will be plenty for what you need, I doubt that the club will be happy if the barman can't hear the orders from the clients.

What kind of SPL are you looking at in the room, is it the whole body shaking eye watering kind of sound that was described a few posts back and if so have you got adequate hearing protection for yourself(the patrons should probably supply their own) or is it a more civil 100-105 dBA that is considered good listening?

Is the other places you play much bigger than the room you posted a picture of or are they about the same size, if they are much bigger, a bigger system would be a worthy investment but if that room is all you need I feel that the DXR/DSR range would be more than enough and honestly you will probably only need one box unless you intend to do some actual stereo mixes.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Guy Graham

« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2017, 10:37:29 AM »

Respect is earned.  What have you done to get any?

I know this is the lounge, but you have no ride, no place to store the stuff, and your end goal is to blow the walls out of a tiny basement.  Why should any of us care?

Good point, well made!

Interesting that someone unable to travel much further than their own front door, is suddenly an expert on the existing stock carried by the UK EV dealer network.

It's fascinating how many different ways these threads can begin, yet end up running along the same old familiar theme of this is my idea, please validate it for me?

There's a significant and unusual irony in a thread seeking validation for a product choice that the OP themself does not think is the right choice for their application!

Furthermore whilst limiting the loudspeaker and amp choice so strictly on the basis of budget, the OP is then happy to spend around 75% of the cost of some good value used speakers, on a brand new processor - when the original dedicated processor can be bought for a fraction of the price.

Other red flags come from the uncertainty around how sense lines work. All the older Nexo manuals for speaker+processor combinations, provide a clear and comprehensive explanation how the processing and protection interacts with an external amp choice. The excellent ManualsLib site has pdf versions for nearly all older products, if required.

It's also curious that the used Nexo PS speakers referenced by the OP, don't come packaged with the necessary accoutrements. Every single pair or subsequent multiple PS boxes I've seen on sale used, are packaged with the appropriate processor at minimum. Most of them also come with a decent if dated amp, notably the Camco's that were popular with folks buying new Nexo packages, before the NX amps came along.

This whole kerfuffle has already been duplicated across several forums. The advice offered is broadly consistent, as is the intransigence of the original poster.

As a UK resident, once again I'll take issue with the notion that it is impossible to demo speakers, in the way described above. I guess that may be the case if you only look as far as MI retailers, but such establishments are not normally where pro and semi-pro users would be shopping for loudspeakers.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »

Jean-Pierre...
Thanks for being polite it means a lot but Randy did say "Respect is earned.  What have you done to get any?". So he's saying I don't any respect, i'm not a millionaire so I have to buy what I can afford, so what I haven't got a van I can hire one out for as little as £35 to get my stuff to and from the club so why would I need to save and save and buy one NOW.

I'm open to suggestions but it's impossible for me to demo hardly any speaker cabs because the only places which do allow demos are places which only sell cheap dj speakers like the Yamah DXR12 or RCF Art312A which aren't gonna be loud enough. You couldn't possibly understand how greatful I am for you people actually taking time out from your lives to try and help me, it means a lot. I have a hard time having faith and also coping with confrontation because of me having Autism, but I do try my best.
Hi Richard - this is a helpful post for us to understand how you think.

With great personal respect to you, I think you should let this go, as we're not able to give you any more help here. 

You really only have two choices - either buy the speakers you are interested in and EQ them to taste, or spend the energy to go listen to them before you decide.  There's really nothing else we can do to help you here, and more posting on your part or anyone else's won't change these choices.

RichardStringer

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »

Ok fine delete my account then. Bye

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2017, 01:08:26 PM »

Ok fine delete my account then. Bye

That feels like an over-reaction. I can see that it might feel like you're being ganged up on, but try to see this as a learning opportunity.

For the duration of this thread, you've been pretty fixed on the Nexo PS15s, regardless of if they're actually the right thing or not. There's been a bit of back-and-forth about whether or not they are, in fact, the right thing for you. Now that we understand what you'll be using them for, it seems like the concensus is No, they're not the right thing for the job. That's mostly down to the asymmetrical horn (which is great for some stuff, not so great for others), and also down to the potential technical and financial difficulties in acquiring and setting up the correct processor for the PS15s.

A Yamaha DXR15 will give you similar performance. I don't think it will be quite as good, but I do think it'll be good enough for what you need it to do. A pair of those would be cheaper than a pair of PS15s, and they're plug-and-play, to a point where you can even connect a microphone and an MP3 player directly. They have all the right limiting built-in, and you won't need to worry about whether a given amplifier is good enough - Yamaha (and Nexo) have done all the work for you.

There's a lot to learn, and we all start somewhere. If you don't want to get into in-depth speaker theory (which I rather like, but I understand it's not for everyone), a good pair of active speakers will likely be the thing for you.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2017, 01:08:26 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.