ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo PS15 EQ for dance music  (Read 38654 times)

RichardStringer

Nexo PS15 EQ for dance music
« on: May 10, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »

Hi ya guys i've decide I really want some Nexo PS15 cabs later this year to go with my subs, anyway I know they sound muddy in the midrange because of their amazingly flat sound or very deep smile kind of sound to them so i'm wondering if any of you guys have some PS15 cabs? If you have could you possibly do me a massive favour and try out a couple of eq settings to see if they sound better with vocal dance music in general after these eq settings?

+5db at 3.45khz - Q : 1.9
+4.5db at 6.45khz - Q : 1.82

It's ok if you don't have time or can't be bothered but if you can possibly tell me if those eq settings make the midrange clarity better for vocal dance music then i'd SO appreciate it. Thanks guys, this is the best sound forum i've ever known so I thought i'd ask you guys seeing as you lot seem to be professionals and be like Yodas of the live sound world.

I'm definately gonna get the PS15 controller as well and am I right in thinking that if I power them properly and set the eq first and THEN set gain structure afterwards I should be ok?

Michael Gazdziak

Re: Nexo PS15 EQ for dance music
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:28:20 PM »

I really want to buy an Audi A6.  I haven't driven an Audi A6 but I think it has handling problems for how I'll be driving it.  Could somebody with an Audi A6 deflate the front tires by 5 psi then tell me if I'll like the way it handles better like that?

Hi ya guys i've decide I really want some Nexo PS15 cabs later this year to go with my subs, anyway I know they sound muddy in the midrange because of their amazingly flat sound or very deep smile kind of sound to them so i'm wondering if any of you guys have some PS15 cabs? If you have could you possibly do me a massive favour and try out a couple of eq settings to see if they sound better with vocal dance music in general after these eq settings?

+5db at 3.45khz - Q : 1.9
+4.5db at 6.45khz - Q : 1.82

It's ok if you don't have time or can't be bothered but if you can possibly tell me if those eq settings make the midrange clarity better for vocal dance music then i'd SO appreciate it. Thanks guys, this is the best sound forum i've ever known so I thought i'd ask you guys seeing as you lot seem to be professionals and be like Yodas of the live sound world.

I'm definately gonna get the PS15 controller as well and am I right in thinking that if I power them properly and set the eq first and THEN set gain structure afterwards I should be ok?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »

I really want to buy an Audi A6.  I haven't driven an Audi A6 but I think it has handling problems for how I'll be driving it.  Could somebody with an Audi A6 deflate the front tires by 5 psi then tell me if I'll like the way it handles better like that?

Funny, but still gets a yellow card...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

RichardStringer

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »

Wow thank you for wasting my time, as far as I know the PS15 cabs are known to have a midrange sound yhat's not very good with vocal dance music. It's the Nexo sound as far as I know. I'm sure you eq speaker cabs too, maybe a little bit more respect from you might be helpful.  :-\

Bye.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:54:22 PM by RichardStringer »

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »

as far as I know...
Richard - this is the problem - you need to go hear them for yourself.  Tastes vary and even if someone is willing to do this for you, how do you know if you will agree with their assessment?

Get a demo.  PS15s are not hard to find.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »

... as far as I know ...

Hereafter to be defined as "the shortest possible measureable distance".

DR
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

RichardStringer

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 04:44:43 PM »

Richard - this is the problem - you need to go hear them for yourself.  Tastes vary and even if someone is willing to do this for you, how do you know if you will agree with their assessment?

Get a demo.  PS15s are not hard to find.

Thanks for being so polite and respectful Tom you have no idea how much I appreciate it, well I just wanted to know if the midrange clarity for vocals or dance music sounded clearer to your ears. I don't know anyone who has a pair of PS15 cabs and the only places that sell them used from time to time or people that have some for sale are litterally 100 or more miles away from my experience in the past of trying to find a decent pair of mid/high cabs used.

I wish I lived in London because there's loads of used pa there for sale all the time but it's 130 miles from me and it's too far to keep going there, coming back, going there, coming back all the time demo'ing them if people would even let potential buyers hear them. Unfortunately i'm from Boston in Lincolnshire in the UK a pace which is a toilet frankly and there's no decent pa for sale anywhere near.

Many people who sell pa here in the UK can't be bothered to demo kit for you they just want the quick sale. The PS15 cabs i've heard in the past were litterally like 15 years or something ago it was a long time and I was off my face on drugs at that time going to raves where they had them (I quit drugs in 2001) so I can't remember what they sound like. I've been told by many people on various forums that own them that they're no good for dance music because they have a powerful low frequency, hole in the midrange and quite harsh high frequency sound. But I figured they're supposed to be DAMN loud so maybe with a bit of eq I could get them to sound excellent with vocal dance music.

I had a pair of EV Qrx212/75 cabs years ago which sounded average but after Evan Kirkendall gave me a few eq settings they sounded awesome.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 06:00:43 PM »

I've decide I really want some Nexo PS15 cabs later this year to go with my subs, anyway I know they sound muddy in the midrange because of their amazingly flat sound.
"I've decided to buy some rather expensive speakers which I don't think I'll like" - OK...

I think PS15s sound rather good, and wouldn't be wanting to do anything drastic with them - however I'm not a massive dance music fan.

I'm wondering if they're really what you're after?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »

Hereafter to be defined as "the shortest possible measureable distance".

DR

Iggy bin...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 06:36:09 PM »

If your opinion of the PS15 comes from hearsay I'm not able to help you.

If your opinion of the PS15 comes from auditioning the speaker without the correct processing I'm not able to help you.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 06:36:09 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.