ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amplifier questions.....  (Read 15393 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Amplifier questions.....
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »

I was looking at that or maybe an Xrack. Another alternative I was considering is the QU-Pac.

I went with the QU Pac as my second mixer as I already owned and still own the QU16. This means I can share  scenes and shows between the 2 mixers in seconds, I could slot either into place quickly if the other failed at a show, the learning curve was very easy as I already knew the QU16 inside and out and if I do need 32 channels, along with my D- snake ( which I can use with either mixer), I have them using the QU Pac.
Lastly, I like the fact I can still mix from the QU Pac if wifi goes down.
I was tempted to go for one of the other rack options but paid little more and got much more benefit for my purposes. The SB wasn't out then but I still like having a screen on the QU Pac.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:45:58 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jesse Gregorio

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »

I went with the QU Pac as my second mixer as I already owned and still own the QU16. This means I can share  scenes and shows between the 2 mixers in seconds, I could slot either into place quickly if the other failed at a show, the learning curve was very easy as I already knew the QU16 inside and out and finally, if I do need 32 channels, along with my D- snake ( which I can use with either mixer), I have them using the QU Pac.
Lastly, I like the fact I can still mix from the QU Pac if wifi goes down.
I was tempted to go for one of the other rack options but paid little more and got much more benefit for my purposes. The SB wasn't out then but I still like having a screen on the QU Pac.

After reading your reply, it reinforced my thoughts in to considering the QU-Pac more than the xRack. It makes way better sense to go that route being that I'm already familiar with the QU-16. I love my QU-16.

Unfortunately these damn things called bills keep getting in the way..... :(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:37:08 PM by Jesse Gregorio »

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »

If the OP will be using the limiters and processing in the amp then just get the "bigger" amp. Better to have the extra power and not use it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.