ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Twisted Pair wire for Install  (Read 6962 times)

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
Re: Twisted Pair wire for Install
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »

Those boxes are made for pulling a single, maybe two runs. At least that's all I've found them good for. Some are probably better than others I suppose but I can't tell you how many times I've kicked the hell out of one because I was half way through a pull and the thing got all tangled up. "Unreel", "Reel in-a-Box", whatever, doesn't matter. So I decided long ago to prefer my cable on reels and if you are going to do a project that requires any where near 250,000 feet you'll be pulling your hair out (not wire) with those boxes.

Get yourself a couple of these. You can get a lot of 1000' reels of two pair on that.

-Hal

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 09:43:50 AM »

Those boxes are made for pulling a single, maybe two runs. At least that's all I've found them good for. Some are probably better than others I suppose but I can't tell you how many times I've kicked the hell out of one because I was half way through a pull and the thing got all tangled up. "Unreel", "Reel in-a-Box", whatever, doesn't matter. So I decided long ago to prefer my cable on reels and if you are going to do a project that requires any where near 250,000 feet you'll be pulling your hair out (not wire) with those boxes.

Get yourself a couple of these. You can get a lot of 1000' reels of two pair on that.

-Hal
I actually found the small, solidly built, plastic jacks that would elevate lengths of rigid conduit and wooden or metal 1,000' and 5,000' reels quite pleasant to deal with.  The last theater I pulled, we received twisted pair red and black 10 gauge on 5,000' reels (5,000' AFTER twisting) and those were some beefy reels to roll around the project.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

On a recent install, a retired AT&T tech who pulled cables all his life laughed at us when he saw the wire cart. 
"Fellas, all you need is two chairs and a broom."

John R.

ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »

On a recent install, a retired AT&T tech who pulled cables all his life laughed at us when he saw the wire cart. 
"Fellas, all you need is two chairs and a broom."

John R.

Two chairs and a broom isn't always easy to come by in new construction.  Besides, try that with Ron's 1000' reel of twisted 10 gauge and you'll be going through quite a few brooms. I've tried all kinds of makeshift reel support ideas over the years. Usually more trouble than they were worth.

-Hal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.