ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha DBR10  (Read 14091 times)

jesseweiss

Yamaha DBR10
« on: May 06, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »

Picked up 2 of these for us as monitors. Wow, they sound so clean. While setting up at practice even routed rhythm guitar through it and tuned it up and it sounded really clean.

My EV ZLX12p drum monitor also sounds good but I'm thinking I like the Yamahas better.

Added bonus is how ridiculously light they are.

Makes me contemplate selling our Mackie SRM550s and SRM1850 sub and getting DXR10/12s as mains and matching sub, or even just DBR12s as mains.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
Re: Yamaha DBR10
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12:22:13 PM »

Well if I were you I'd definitely sell those Mackies ;)
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

jesseweiss

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:27:36 PM »

Well if I were you I'd definitely sell those Mackies ;)
So are DBR's too much of a lateral move compared to DXR?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »

I have not used the DBR series. I have however owned ( and still own) the DSR and the DXR series. I think the DXR's are fantastic for the money. - I really do and they beat out QSC K  (tops) series quite easily.
I also think that the DSR's are even better - especially for live sound.
If the DBR compared to the DXR is the same type of comparison, then the DXR will be the better bet for FOH. I have heard that the DBR sounds a little more scooped. This might work well for DJ's.  BUT like I said, I haven't heard the DBR's and I might be off track here.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

jesseweiss

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »

DSR is out of my budget and probably beyond what I need. But the DXR aren't particularly more than the SRM's would have been new (I got them used so paid maybe 650-700 for both). I could probably recoup much of that cost selling them. Would then have to decide if I just keep the SRM sub for now and replace when I have more funds to get a DXS15 or 18.

We are just weekend warrior types who play like 8-10 times a year. Typical 4 piece rock/pop stuff.

In my original post about new monitors I think I made it sound like we are really loud, but that isn't the case. Mostly I wanted to "clean up" our sound. The Mackies were a big improvement from Behringer stuff,bit of course now I have the bug :). And with our XR18, better mics, etc... We sound a whole lot better than 3 or 4 years ago.

Craig Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »

I just got two DBR10's as well, for my church.  Very light and easy to handle, with a nice feature set.  I only had a few minutes to do a side-by-side comparison with my old Eon 10's and I'm not yet sure how to describe them -- I hear things in each that I don't hear in the other.  My ears must not be what they used to be. 

The DXR gets good reviews and is probably worth the little higher price if it's an option.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 06:06:05 PM »

DXRs are a step up form DBRs .. not sure if that is what your were asking. The Mackies aren't bad sounding IMO the thing is...  it's only a matter of time before they die on you.. for no good reason.

jesseweiss

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »

DXRs are a step up form DBRs .. not sure if that is what your were asking. The Mackies aren't bad sounding IMO the thing is...  it's only a matter of time before they die on you.. for no good reason.
I was asking if DBR12's would just be a lateral move from SRM550's.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »

I was asking if DBR12's would just be a lateral move from SRM550's.

I think DBRs are more on par with EV ZLXs and DXRs on par with SRM550s in terms of output potential and relative sound quality.

John Chiara

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 08:59:17 PM »

DSR is out of my budget and probably beyond what I need. But the DXR aren't particularly more than the SRM's would have been new (I got them used so paid maybe 650-700 for both). I could probably recoup much of that cost selling them. Would then have to decide if I just keep the SRM sub for now and replace when I have more funds to get a DXS15 or 18.

We are just weekend warrior types who play like 8-10 times a year. Typical 4 piece rock/pop stuff.

In my original post about new monitors I think I made it sound like we are really loud, but that isn't the case. Mostly I wanted to "clean up" our sound. The Mackies were a big improvement from Behringer stuff,bit of course now I have the bug :). And with our XR18, better mics, etc... We sound a whole lot better than 3 or 4 years ago.

Mixed on an XR16 with IQ12's via cat5 last night. System
Sounded very good.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 08:59:17 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.