ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32, increasing number of monitor mixes  (Read 10931 times)

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
Re: Behringer X32, increasing number of monitor mixes
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »

How about just picking up a used Pro2c and call it a day?

They are dirt cheap these days.

And yes, stereo is THE thing if you do IEMs.

Or a Pro 1 - permanent fader flip!

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »

I'll argue for stereo ears, even if a mono system.   

This I do not understand.  If everything is running in mono, what does splitting a mono signal to 2 separate busses achieve?
Brian Jojade

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 07:11:20 PM »

I think he means that the PA system is run mono.  I'm sure he can clarify his thoughts, but I think he meant that even if the main mix is mono it's still beneficial to have your IEM mixes be stereo mixes (panned appropriately). 

The argument for running your mains in mono is that not everyone in the house will benefit from the stereo imaging between the left and right mains (which is entirely dependent on the seating area and deployment) but everyone wearing both ears of their IEM's should have their head equidistant to the two sources so stereo imaging would still be helpful.

At least that's what I hope he meant!
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Mitch Smith

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 08:12:17 PM »

Your best and cheapest option is to start incorporating P16 monitor mixers.  You can add them one at a time if that helps the budget.  But each one buys you one more stereo monitor mix for a minimal additional cost.

I have everyone doing their own mixes using tablets connected via wifi hub connected to the x32. So I don't see why I need p16's, because they wouldn't actually add a channel?? I would still be stuck with however many buses that I have right?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »

I have everyone doing their own mixes using tablets connected via wifi hub connected to the x32. So I don't see why I need p16's, because they wouldn't actually add a channel?? I would still be stuck with however many buses that I have right?

Nope they are personal mixers with a Ultranet input and a stereo analog output.  They do not  use a bus.  Of course the artist is in complete control of his mix.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 08:49:31 PM »

With the P16 you get essentially unlimited ( 48 to be exact ) " mixes ", but you only get to pull those mixes from 16 pre-selected channels or mix busses ( such as FX ). It is networked audio and each device is creating the mix from the 16 sources of choice. So no mix busses are used.

The issue is you have to have a P16 for each band member and all the P16's must all be networked ( linked ) together. The upside is that the artists can eq them how they want and mix it how they want and they do it all themselves so you don't have to. The downsides are that you have to have a place to mount the P16 ( usually a mic stand ) and if there is an issue, I don't know that you can actually go into a members settings and tweak it from a remote location? The biggest downside for you is that they are not wireless and while they can send a signal to a wireless pack, it would have to connect back to the wireless unit side stage. So you then have the P16 on a stand next to the singer ( or whomever ), a cat5E cable that runs from P16 to P16 and then another cable that runs from a P16 to the wireless rack. It can get real messy real quick.

A cool feature is that the P16 can save 24 user presets. So each band member can save a preset and recall it at each show. What kills it for me is the wasted space and that you can't control the mixes from side stage at a monitor position.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

I don’t know this but I presume you could do personal mixers for some band members that are stationary like keys & drums therefore freeing up mix buses for conventional IEMs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Brian Jojade

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »

Another option that I just thought of that could give you additional monitor mixes would be to add another X32.  Simply send all of the inputs via AES50 to the 2nd X32 and you've got 16 more mix busses to work with.  Since you're just using it for monitor, you can think of it as just a split.  More X32s mean more monitor busses as needed.  By daisy chaining your systems, you could get almost unlimited mixes, with the only concern being the amount of latency added by each AES50 hop.
Brian Jojade

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »

Another option that I just thought of [...]

I think at this point I have to ask: did my post ("Reply #1" on my screen) not show up? I mentioned both P16-Ms and getting a second X32...

-Russ

Brian Jojade

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »

I think at this point I have to ask: did my post ("Reply #1" on my screen) not show up? I mentioned both P16-Ms and getting a second X32...

-Russ

Well, you combined it in with the paragraph about the other solutions without an explanation on how it would work, so I missed it. :)
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.