ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could this happen in a properly wired outlet?  (Read 11306 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Could this happen in a properly wired outlet?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »

JR... Are you ever going to rewire that death trap of a house, or do you just like having a lab nearby?  ;)
Rewiring this house would be throwing good money after bad***... I just tested my smoke alarm battery when the heat came on for the first time this season.... no visible smoke, but enough to wake up the smoke alarm (pretty impressive actually).

I did keep the outlet by my test bench reversed polarity because it made testing my OD-1 easier....(no ground BTW).

I ran an additional separate ground wire from my panel to the outlet in my kitchen next to the sink, and to the outlet in my laundry room where the washing machine and dishwasher plug in (probably not to code). I grounded my new hot water heater and plumbing too (I won't get fooled again).

My experience with trippy GFCI outlets does not seem to be wiring related (or load as far as I can tell), just unstable operation.

I wonder how regular homeowners deal with the shorter half-life of modern (smart) outlets, or maybe they buy better than the cheapest GFCI they can find like I did?

For somebody paying an electrician real money to replace trippy GFCIs that would get old very fast..

JR

*** I am actually in the final stages of throwing some fresh paint on the shack so it looks better than it has in years. It was looking bad enough that it bothered me and that is saying something. When I'm finished probably $100 for paint and rollers.
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Could this happen in a properly wired outlet?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.