ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Future of Line Arrays  (Read 22223 times)

carlos lopez

Re: Future of Line Arrays
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 12:10:49 PM »

The shear size of those subs mated together never ceases to amaze me.  You can really see it next to the ironwork and the Jericho's

It is also fascinating that the opening looks like a vagina.

Considering Ivan's last name is "beaver", it's no surprise to me at all ..

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 06:10:02 PM »

..... whatever that is supposed to mean....?
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 11:17:51 PM »

..... whatever that is supposed to mean....?
Ray,

You can decide.

Cheers,

Aet

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 12:33:44 AM »

Ray,

You can decide.

Cheers,

Aet

To officially put this thread totally off the rails, it's funny you mention the mons.  So after 50 shades of grey came out GQ or some other haute mens magazine declared "the bush is back" and there was a quick run on stock in the bikini waxing industry. 

Turns out that the quite expansive patch on the character in the film was in fact a wig and used to keep the R rating with the censors for full frontal.  Seems in our day we took full frontal as a given in R rated movies (think Porky's) however in today's waxed and buffed world the ability to discern certain anatomical features during a frontal shot moves the picture to an R rating.

So what was seen as a fashion statement was actually a production decision.

I return you now to your regularly scheduled programing.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 02:21:39 AM »

:-\ ...

It's like a Georgia O'Keefe painting......... Fascinating. You just can't look away....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Peter Morris

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 02:46:01 AM »

It's like a Georgia O'Keefe painting......... Fascinating. You just can't look away....

ha ha, you nailed it ... Georgia O'Keefe - Inside Red Canna

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 06:07:10 AM »

Ray,

You can decide.

Cheers,

Aet
This is a real "no shitter"

My girlfriend moved to the Washington DC area and said she was looking for a OBGYN.

She said she found one whos name was "Harry Beaver".

I did not believe her.  When I moved up there-I looked it up in the phone book (the way it was done back then) and she was right !

I would choose a different job or change my name.

But hey-maybe he got a lot of business-this was back in the early 80s, and things were a bit "hairier" back then------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »

Re: Subject Line

The future would hopefully be lighter, faster, cheaper, better. But the big leaps in technology have perhaps already been made regarding this consumer-driven item. Progress will likely be incremental from here.

In the 60's Cessna ran ads in TIME magazine and others. Copy read something like "After that second car, isn't it time for your first plane"? How'd that work out for them?

IMO a lot of the tech "discovery" in this industry has been built-out (which was hella fun for those involved), but from things seem to be about incremental growth and seizing market share.  Decidedly less fun...

Tom Danley

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

Hi Guys
Now to be clear, nearly everything I fiddle with is designed with form following acoustic function, that it reminds you of something else is a coincidence or perhaps another case of form following  function  
Stay off the Beeve too or Ward and June will have to talk to your parents.

I don’t like to talk too much about design strategy but here I didn’t want a big non-uniform gradient at the exit so if you look, you can see there is a rear horn section and front horn section which terminate differently.  That is why there is a second “eye” inside. 
It’s ALL about the sound, the familiar even inviting look (based on how often people climb in for pictures) was coincidence.

Funny thing, shows you where my mind was, when I imagined that solution, what I thought of was the scene in terminator where that ball materialized with nude Conan and it hollowed out a spherical shape from the side of a semi truck.
Best.
Tom

Jay Brett

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 12:16:22 PM »

Turns out that the quite expansive patch on the character in the film was in fact a wig and used to keep the R rating with the censors for full frontal.  Seems in our day we took full frontal as a given in R rated movies (think Porky's) however in today's waxed and buffed world the ability to discern certain anatomical features during a frontal shot moves the picture to an R rating.

So apparently the difference between a "R" rating and a "NC-17" rating is a little hairy.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 12:16:22 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.