ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Future of Line Arrays  (Read 22059 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Future of Line Arrays
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 01:51:41 PM »

Rider acceptance in your market, cross rental in your area, etc. are certainly other factors that may play an even larger role in your final decision than will the technology or the sonic characteristics.

Lee

Agreed. Need to make sure it will fulfill your riders AND if you need another 8 boxes for a certain application you need to know where you can find them without blowing the budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »

Every time the "D" brand comes up you have to drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's gonna require an online 12 step program....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 02:03:49 PM »

As a business I feel you should be more worried about ROI then on being at the bleeding edge of technology.

If no riders that come past your desk say Martin then it makes 0 sense to buy it.
I doubt anyone will turn down an anya system buy if it comes to a bidding was are you going to beat out a system that costs less and performs just as well.

Sure there are disruptions to the market but I don't think that solutions like MLA and Anya are performing that much better than what solutions from Meyer and Lacoustics are doing otherwise there would be a distinct skew towards those products being requested.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 02:24:46 PM »

As a business I feel you should be more worried about ROI then on being at the bleeding edge of technology.

If no riders that come past your desk say Martin then it makes 0 sense to buy it.
I doubt anyone will turn down an anya system buy if it comes to a bidding was are you going to beat out a system that costs less and performs just as well.

Sure there are disruptions to the market but I don't think that solutions like MLA and Anya are performing that much better than what solutions from Meyer and Lacoustics are doing otherwise there would be a distinct skew towards those products being requested.

In a number of real world tests over the last year and a half that we have done I can say that MLA has significantly outperformed all others that were tested against it.  Many "standards" that have been listed here.  By outperformed I mean in SPL capability, accuracy of reproduction, lower weight, etc., measurable criteria and not simply listening impressions.  They were also preferred by all of the listeners involved. 

MLA and Anya are completely different systems, let's not lump them together as if they are the same or even similar.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

David Buckley

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »

In the future, all restaurants are Taco Bell

Unless they are all Pizza Hut - proof.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 05:25:51 PM »

In a number of real world tests over the last year and a half that we have done I can say that MLA has significantly outperformed all others that were tested against it.  Many "standards" that have been listed here.  By outperformed I mean in SPL capability, accuracy of reproduction, lower weight, etc., measurable criteria and not simply listening impressions.  They were also preferred by all of the listeners involved. 

MLA and Anya are completely different systems, let's not lump them together as if they are the same or even similar.

Lee

You wouldn't mind posting results of said tests here so that we can all see. I really enjoy looking at  test results and you never know it might help OP in coming to a decision.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 05:28:25 PM »

That's gonna require an online 12 step program....
Less than 12 steps to my ice box and cold beer.... 8)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »

When are you looking to buy? If you need something soon to fulfill your needs than you either go with current offerings toward beginning of their life like L Acoustics K, Meyer Leo, etc OR if you have half a million or more and the clients to support it by all means go Anya.
Either way, you are talking about large stadium/arena systems and I would lean more toward whatever you clients are interested in.

We supported a second stage recently for an arena show done by Morris out of Nashville. They had piles of d&b J1 and v series for outfill. Talking to their guys they of course love that PA. They own it because it makes the most money sense because people spec it and want it. They also have a big Nexo STM system for their tours with Chesney because that's what that client wants right now. At that level you buy high end and you buy what your client is looking for.
Early adoption of a technology comes with a high price tag, a lot of risk, but some good potential reward of the product is successful (and you are the only one around who has it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nexo STM is very attractive.  Essentially it's one drive rack, a sub, a mid bass driver and what they call an "omni box".  Not counting the rigging bits and pieces I can't find a system with a lower SKU count.  Another company has one in town so it would be easy to supplement.  It's a real system, designed to work together, from transport to rigging, tuning and operating.  When we are ready it's on my short list (which will change).  I don't spend as much time having mental contortions because the business will dictate what we buy, not the other end around.

Until then the PO's are far more mundane.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »

You wouldn't mind posting results of said tests here so that we can all see. I really enjoy looking at  test results and you never know it might help OP in coming to a decision.

No, I cannot post results as they are our clients results.  This was for a church.  Each system hung for an entire weekend of rehearsals and services, tuned by factory personnel and then left to the church to utilize.  The same FOH was utilized for all systems.  Each system was demoed over a different weekend.

In any case, people are able, with any of these manufacturers, if they are seriously looking at systems, to get a demo and get their hands (and ears) on the systems and see/hear for themselves what they think. 
What gets posted online is third party and, as much as I trust some people's opinions, I want to hear and experience each of these for myself.

Lee

Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 09:13:28 PM »

No, I cannot post results as they are our clients results.  This was for a church.  Each system hung for an entire weekend of rehearsals and services, tuned by factory personnel and then left to the church to utilize.  The same FOH was utilized for all systems.  Each system was demoed over a different weekend.

In any case, people are able, with any of these manufacturers, if they are seriously looking at systems, to get a demo and get their hands (and ears) on the systems and see/hear for themselves what they think. 
What gets posted online is third party and, as much as I trust some people's opinions, I want to hear and experience each of these for myself.

Lee
We did a side by side with 2 other major manufacturers, setup by factory people in a large Church.

It was quite interesting some of the comments about the systems as they were switched back and forth.

There were a number of sources used-normal recorded music-multitrack live recordings-Pastors mic and live drums.

The differences were STUNNING to say the least. 

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 09:13:28 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.