ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure Axient Digital  (Read 24469 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Shure Axient Digital
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 11:09:26 PM »

Tom,

Our Dealer Bulletin today indicated that they're in production, but yes, demand is high, and they want to ensure "the most time-sensitive projects and productions receive priority."

Do you have a dealer you work with? My bulletin says to contact my sales rep for more information- so I think that means I would reach out to them if you place an order and work to get your order filled as quickly as possible

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

TomBoisseau

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

Well, I've changed my mind.

I was planning to purchase 16 channels of the Axient Digital with the ADX transmitters, but now that pricing is available, the cost is to prohibitive for my pockets.  I found that by the time I pay the extra money for 16 ADX beltpacks and 8 ADX handhelds, the costs of mutiple battery chargers (the ADX will ONLY use Shure's proprietory battery as opposed to the AD transmitters that can use AA's), the cost of the AD610 Access Point and the AXT600 Spectrum Manager (which are needed to take advantage of the additional features of the ADX transmitters) it will add another $20,000 to the purchase price.

So, tomorrow I'm placing an order for 16 channesl of the Axient Digital system with just the "AD" transmitters.  I think that will be fine.  I'm just a small operator working out of my basement for mostly corporate clients.  At least they will appreciate the ability to encrypt the signals, which I've not been able to do before, and I'll enjoy being able to connect it all via Dante to my QL1 and QL5.

Tom

Dan Currie

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:24 PM »

and I'll enjoy being able to connect it all via Dante to my QL1 and QL5.

Not sure if I missed an update but last I check they still aren't as slick as the ulxd.  Is head amp control and battery level available yet?

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Shure Axient Digital
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »

Not sure if I missed an update but last I check they still aren't as slick as the ulxd.  Is head amp control and battery level available yet?

Head amp control is available for the new axient digital with the latest V5 upgrade to the CL/QL desks. I deployed it in a stadium with no issues a month or so back.  I am still waiting on the ADX transmitters to actually ship though.  I was last told we should see something by the end of the month....however they didn't say which month. 

Tom talks about the ADX and associated peripherals being very expensive, which is true, however Axient Digital is much much cheaper the Axient Analog.  Around half price the last time I ran the numbers.

Tom, I would ask why you need axient digital and not just ULX-D.  That offers the encryption and Dante you are looking for.  The only thing you don't get is the ability to broadcast on two simultaneous frequencies (if you purchase the correct axient handheld transmitter)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:05:00 PM by David Sturzenbecher »
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

TomBoisseau

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »

Head amp control is available for the new axient digital with the latest V5 upgrade to the CL/QL desks. I deployed it in a stadium with no issues a month or so back.  I am still waiting on the ADX receivers to actually ship though.  I was last told we should see something by the end of the month....however they didn't say which month. 

Tom talks about the ADX and associated peripherals being very expensive, which is true, however Axient Digital is much much cheaper the Axient Analog.  Around half price the last time I ran the numbers.

Tom, I would ask why you need axient digital and not just ULX-D.  That offers the encryption and Dante you are looking for.  The only thing you don't get is the ability to broadcast on two simultaneous frequencies (if you purchase the correct axient handheld transmitter)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, you're quite right.  The ULX-D's would be just fine for my applications.  I've used them many times.  My main concern was that the ULX-D lacks the "bandwidth" of the Axient Digital (about 184Mhz compared to, at best, 64Mhz with the ULX-D).  Additionally, the ULX-D has been out for about 6 years now and I'm concerned about ("perceived") obsolescence in the not too distance future.

Regarding the "ADX receivers", I'm pretty sure there is just one version of the receiver that works with both the AD and ADX transmitters, the AD4Q (for the quad unit, but they do sell a 2 channel version as well).  Although they do offer a model AD4Q-DC that has the option for DC operation, and/or redundant AC - DC power configuration.

Tom

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:42:18 PM by TomBoisseau »

TomBoisseau

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2018, 10:41:01 PM »

--------

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »

Regarding the "ADX receivers", I'm pretty sure there is just one version of the receiver that works with both the AD and ADX transmitters, the AD4Q (for the quad unit, but they do sell a 2 channel version as well).  Although they do offer a model AD4Q-DC that has the option for DC operation, and/or redundant AC - DC power configuration.

Tom

I meant ADX transmitters. I’ll edit the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

TomBoisseau

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2018, 09:34:10 AM »

I meant ADX transmitters. I’ll edit the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A memo was sent out from Shure last week that read:

"Dear Shure Dealer,

We are pleased to inform you that all Axient Digital ADX series transmitters are now in production: the ADX1 bodypack, ADX2 and ADX2FD handhelds, and the revolutionary new ADX1M micro bodypack. These ShowLink-enabled transmitters have successfully completed months of rigorous field testing in some of the world's toughest RF environments, and on high-profile productions such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Jagged Little Pill, and the Tony Awards.

Demand is high, and we will endeavour to fulfill all orders as soon as possible. For the short-term, we have instituted a global allocation program to ensure that the most time-sensitive projects and productions receive priority. Please contact your sales representative for more information."

Additionally, I spoke with one of the reps that indicated they were now shipping.

Tom

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »

A memo was sent out from Shure last week that read:

"Dear Shure Dealer,

We are pleased to inform you that all Axient Digital ADX series transmitters are now in production: the ADX1 bodypack, ADX2 and ADX2FD handhelds, and the revolutionary new ADX1M micro bodypack. These ShowLink-enabled transmitters have successfully completed months of rigorous field testing in some of the world's toughest RF environments, and on high-profile productions such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Jagged Little Pill, and the Tony Awards.

Demand is high, and we will endeavour to fulfill all orders as soon as possible. For the short-term, we have instituted a global allocation program to ensure that the most time-sensitive projects and productions receive priority. Please contact your sales representative for more information."

Additionally, I spoke with one of the reps that indicated they were now shipping.

Tom

Oh I am well aware of the memo, as I got it as well.  The response I gave above is what I received when i asked when "my" transmitters were shipping.    They have been on order since July.
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »

In addition to increased RF bandwidth, there's also True Diversity, and the Quad Diversity feature.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.