ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Day Another Breakout  (Read 3987 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Another Day Another Breakout
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 06:59:24 PM »

You don't use the auto select then? I have had a couple LS9's with bad select buttons and the easy fix is auto channel select. Just touch the fader and it will call up the channels screen. Still doesn't fix your need for 21 inputs though :)

Auto select is the first thing I learned how to turn off when the DM2000 came out. One too many times eq'ing a channel I didn't mean to.

Mac

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 12:59:15 AM »

OT: I have to say that is major league butt-ugly carpet in that room. The black and yellow stripes that look like warehouse aisle markings, combined with paisly-esque designs, are just too much.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Richard Turner

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 09:13:30 AM »

OT: I have to say that is major league butt-ugly carpet in that room. The black and yellow stripes that look like warehouse aisle markings, combined with paisly-esque designs, are just too much.

They probably paid around $100/yard for it though, its tame compared to some I've seen
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 09:49:38 AM »

I was going to ask if the carpet had its own volume control.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:31:28 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »

Auto select is the first thing I learned how to turn off when the DM2000 came out. One too many times eq'ing a channel I didn't mean to.

Mac

i've come full circle on this.  I now leave auto select on and i'm in the habit of 'wiggling' the fader on whatever channel i want to select, which is often the channel i happen to be adjusting levels on anyway.  Allows me to keep my hands on the faders a bit more.  I also like that the EQ/Comp/Whatever display changes to focus on what i'm moving automatically as well.  But yeah, i was Anti AutoSelect for a LONG time.

different strokes as they say....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »

i've come full circle on this.  I now leave auto select on and i'm in the habit of 'wiggling' the fader on whatever channel i want to select, which is often the channel i happen to be adjusting levels on anyway.  Allows me to keep my hands on the faders a bit more.  I also like that the EQ/Comp/Whatever display changes to focus on what i'm moving automatically as well.  But yeah, i was Anti AutoSelect for a LONG time.

different strokes as they say....

I tried to use auto select again for the first time in years because I thought it was going to help on a fast moving show. Nope. I lasted about 3 minutes in rehearsals. I definitely prefer to manually select the channel.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.