ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IEM's - 1 in, 1 out  (Read 4371 times)

Steve Garris

Re: IEM's - 1 in, 1 out
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 01:00:55 PM »

He purchased the Westone 3-driver monitors, and will have them Saturday. I'm hoping he likes them along with the ambient mic. It's a big stage, so I'm thinking about using 2 mics, one on each side and as far from the loud drummer as possible.

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »

Glad to report he loved the Westone's, and also loved the ambient mic's. I had 2 at the stage lip and (2) of the band members had it in their mix, both loving it. Problem solved, only bummer is I have more works to do at setup.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 12:28:37 AM »

Glad to report he loved the Westone's, and also loved the ambient mic's. I had 2 at the stage lip and (2) of the band members had it in their mix, both loving it. Problem solved, only bummer is I have more works to do at setup.

Good to hear Steve!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 02:46:57 PM »

Small compromise for the added benefit. The musician will have what he wants in his ears and be comfortable playing.

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 01:25:52 PM »

My 6 year old earbuds died (probably a short that can be fixed, but..) so I'm looking for a new pair.
I'm looking for ones with ambient ports built in.
I read some reviews on the Westone AM Pro 10 (and 20, 30) and it appears that with something like this I can give up the 1 bud + 1 ear plug (like the etymotics ER20)
Anyone else used earbuds with ambient ports?
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 03:12:15 PM »

My 6 year old earbuds died (probably a short that can be fixed, but..) so I'm looking for a new pair.
I'm looking for ones with ambient ports built in.
I read some reviews on the Westone AM Pro 10 (and 20, 30) and it appears that with something like this I can give up the 1 bud + 1 ear plug (like the etymotics ER20)
Anyone else used earbuds with ambient ports?
Technically, the ADEL diaphragms (now re-branded as APEX) in my 1964 A8's act like ambient ports. The cartridges also come in -15 and -20dB values to control the level of isolation. I can hear quite well on stage when they are not actively monitoring band music.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »

On another thread I mentioned putting a molded ER plug in the "open" ear.  Right now I have the 9dB filters in them as that's enough to damp the sting of a live stage for me without it sounding like the band is playing in another room.  Since both the IEM and ER plug had similar isolation (soft Sensaphonics silicone) of about 30dB the level at my IEM ear was pretty close to what I would have gotten on a live stage with wedges and plugs in both ears.  There was some head transfer function disruption with each ear hearing something different that was annoying but it made it much easier to deal with.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.