ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help troubleshooting new DVS recording issues  (Read 9974 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Help troubleshooting new DVS recording issues
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 03:38:21 PM »

Your issue sounds just like one of my test cases with dvs/via and dante where the computer network interface was only working at about 25% of its full speed due to flow control.
Tell me you are not trying to use DVS and VIA on the same computer on the same network at the same time. From what I have heard the two pieces of software are nearly incompatible. I'm not really sure what the point of VIA is, other than to use a USB/Firewire/Thunderbolt/PCI audio interface on a network without other Dante hardware. But from what I have heard, even just having the two pieces of software installed at the same time is a show stopper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:41:16 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »

Again, I am not talking about network switches. I am talking about your computer network interface, the NIC. I am talking about a case where even a direct connection between the computer/dvs and your dante device (no switch) still give you problems at times unless you tweak your NIC tunable parameters.

It's all over the Audinate web site.
https://www.audinate.com/resources/networks-switches
It wasn't the switch(es) because other computers worked without issue.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 03:50:24 PM »

I have done a lot of beta testing regarding dante/ravenna/aes67. This has included both hardware and software in different configurations.

Dvs and via can be installed on the same computer without any problem, at least on my test computers running osx and windows. Dvs and via have a blocking mechanism that only allow you to run either one but not both at the same time. If you have heard anything different then this has not showed during my tests.

Tell me you are not trying to use DVS and VIA on the same computer on the same network at the same time. From what I have heard the two pieces of software are nearly incompatible. I'm not really sure what the point of VIA is, other than to use a USB/Firewire/Thunderbolt/PCI audio interface on a network without other Dante hardware. But from what I have heard, even just having the two pieces of software installed at the same time is a show stopper.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 03:50:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.