ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Help troubleshooting new DVS recording issues  (Read 9889 times)

Mike Ottinger

Re: Help troubleshooting new DVS recording issues
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »

Yes, always green once I disable the WiFi driver, but I haven't run it while recording. As you can see, I get latency errors even when not recording showing up in DC.No, just independent drives, and as I mentioned, very high speed SSDs.
I have been having the same issue, Just wandering if your laptop is a quad core i7? 
I have a T520 dual core with 16 gig of ram and 256 G SSD.  Also 7200 750 g drive in bay.  I have given up trying to record with DVS.  Same problem all is well then occasional glitches.

Mike
Pyramid Sound Works

Mike Ottinger

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »

Did anyone discover any magic to make DVS work without glitches?
I have Lenovo 520 i5 16 g Ram, 256 SSD, and 750 GB 7200 speed drive. 
Thanks for any help !  Do I need to switch to Quad core Processor?

Mike

Mike
Pyramid Sound Works
[/quote]

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »

I don't see anywhere the connection patth between your dante device and dvs?

Check the network interface tunable parameters and disable flow-control if possible. Make sure that none of your network devices are using energy star powersaving features.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »

I don't see anywhere the connection patth between your dante device and dvs?

Check the network interface tunable parameters and disable flow-control if possible. Make sure that none of your network devices are using energy star powersaving features.
That's all pretty basic Dante stuff.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »

So at this point I have to ask "what did Audinate have to say about this?"

They had a guy who posted here a year or so previous and I was hoping he'd respond.  Perhaps it's time to light the fire under them?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »

They said to connect directly to the device as a test. Unfortunately, we had a redundant system that didn't allow this and I don't have time to do the serious troubleshooting independently from the connected rig.
Now I'm away from that rig for quite a while so I expect I'll not get to the bottom of this until next year, and by then I'll probably have purchased a new computer. File it under Murphy.
-Andy

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »

They said to connect directly to the device as a test. Unfortunately, we had a redundant system that didn't allow this and I don't have time to do the serious troubleshooting independently from the connected rig.
Now I'm away from that rig for quite a while so I expect I'll not get to the bottom of this until next year, and by then I'll probably have purchased a new computer. File it under Murphy.
This has been my experience also. I start troubleshooting, and then get swamped with back to back shows and can't troubleshoot it for awhile and then have to come back and start all over.

In troubleshooting my last round of problems, I updated the firmware on my CL and RIOs and made sure that all software was up to date. Things still didn't work. So I shut everything down, and rebooted, starting with the computer first. Let the computer boot up all the way first, then I booted up the console and RIOs and the network switches. Suddenly it all start working.  :-\
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 12:02:15 AM »

This has been my experience also. I start troubleshooting, and then get swamped with back to back shows and can't troubleshoot it for awhile and then have to come back and start all over.

In troubleshooting my last round of problems, I updated the firmware on my CL and RIOs and made sure that all software was up to date. Things still didn't work. So I shut everything down, and rebooted, starting with the computer first. Let the computer boot up all the way first, then I booted up the console and RIOs and the network switches. Suddenly it all start working.  :-\

The number of times i have had this happen with Yamaha Dante products...  And i am in the Yamaha Fanboy Hall Of Fame, so it pains me to say it.

That being said, i have never been completely unable to make a Dante Network work, at least now that i know kinda what i'm doing in setting one up.  But that doesn't mean i don't have to kick the tires a couple of times to make it work....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 04:42:32 AM »

If configuring the computer network interface tunable parameters like network traffic flow-control is basic stuff for dante (I'm not talking about dante flows or router/switch configuration) then why can't I easily find any information about it and must be well hidden? If you have a link to such information I'd be happy to read more about it.

Your issue sounds just like one of my test cases with dvs/via and dante where the computer network interface was only working at about 25% of its full speed due to flow control.

That's all pretty basic Dante stuff.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »

If configuring the computer network interface tunable parameters like network traffic flow-control is basic stuff for dante (I'm not talking about dante flows or router/switch configuration) then why can't I easily find any information about it and must be well hidden? If you have a link to such information I'd be happy to read more about it.
It's all over the Audinate web site.
https://www.audinate.com/resources/networks-switches

Your issue sounds just like one of my test cases with dvs/via and dante where the computer network interface was only working at about 25% of its full speed due to flow control.
It wasn't the switch(es) because other computers worked without issue.
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.