ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Help troubleshooting new DVS recording issues  (Read 9886 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Help troubleshooting new DVS recording issues
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 05:03:43 PM »

A few thoughts

Is dpclat always in the green, if not have you tried running dpclat whilst recording and monitoring latency and if so do you see any simultaneous spikes?
Yes, always green once I disable the WiFi driver, but I haven't run it while recording. As you can see, I get latency errors even when not recording showing up in DC.
Are the hard drives RAID or JBOD?
No, just independent drives, and as I mentioned, very high speed SSDs.

-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Ade Stuart

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »

It may be worth getting in touch with Audinate, I found them very helpful with a DVS update problem I once had.

In the meantime, is dpclat green with DVS running?

These additional things may not help if dpclat is green but they've helped me to minimise latency;

In the BIOS disable C state control, speedstep and any peripherals that you do not need eg memory card readers, UMTS modems, serial ports etc.

In control panel disable all instances of Batteries - microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Double check that the Ethernet adaptor is running at 1Gb/s and change the ethernet cable... sorry a bit obvious I know but worth mentioning.

If you are running managed switches check the port statistics - if you have errors here can you post the network configuration and may be someone else can chime in.

Finally, Audinate used to advise against using Intel 82579 network adapter. I'm not sure if this is still the case, I've certainly used them successfully. Is this what your machine uses? You could try using a USB3 to GbE adapter.

Good Luck!

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »

Thanks Ade.
What's frustrating is this same machine had no issues with DVS until this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-Andy

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »

My personal MacBook suddenly developed an aversion to running anything Dante related throwing up an error message when launching DVS  or controller. Apparently some process I now can't remember the name of was failing to launch even after multiple installs and restarts. Audinate support was not interested in pursuing any help beyond repeating the usual FAQ type solutions. I also had a second partition with a different OS version and the Dante apps ran fine on that.  Not sure if that sort of thing is an option on Winwdows but it seems like some bit of newly changed software on your machine is not feeling cooperative.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 03:05:24 PM »

I'm convinced that there is a fundamental problem with DVS.

I have had various things regarding latency happen with DVS that cause it to have recording issues that either produce glitches, or cause the CPU utilization to spike so high that it is unusable, or it just won't connect at all. This has happened across multiple platforms with multiple different operating systems over several years and different versions of DVS. The only solutions that I have found work thus far is to get a new computer. It seems that once DVS stops working on a system, it won't ever go back to working again.

Anything connected to the network through Dante hard interfaces works fine. DVS seems to be rather flaky.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 09:18:10 PM »

I would have disagreed up until this year. Before this I never really had any issues.
Now with the latest DVS (and even the previous version) I cannot get a glitch-free recording. I've got a clean Win 7 install, and using dpc I have tried disabling various devices. I thought at first it was the wifi driver, but in the end it doesn't make a difference. It still seems to be kinda random. I'll disable a device and test and it seems ok, then a few minutes into the recording, huge latency and another glitch. It's very slow going to diagnose this problem.

At the moment, DPC shows acceptable latency until I enable DVS. So now I'm trying various drivers for my network card. Pretty slow progress with driver changes, reboot, test, etc...

Currently waiting for more activation licenses since each activation uses up a license. Luckily Audinate have been great and quick with helping with the activations.

Not giving up just yet, but in the end I'll probably have to buy a new computer, as Justice says. Frustrating!
-Andy

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »

I've had issues with Windows 7, Windows 10, Max OSX 10.6.8 and now the newest 10.11.12 on my newest Mac Pro. Haven't had a chance to sit down and trouble shoot the Mac Pro yet. But it just stopped working. So far my Lenovo P50 laptop with Windows 10 Pro has stayed solid and continues to work.

My systems stay locked down with no system updates or software updates unless absolutely needed.

It is really frustrating as one day DVS will just up and decide to not work.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »

At the moment, DPC shows acceptable latency until I enable DVS.

From what I understand, DPC latency checker's benefits can not be used while running programs of any kind, it's more for finding out what background processes are taking place while your machine is idle. 

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:16 AM »

From what I understand, DPC latency checker's benefits can not be used while running programs of any kind, it's more for finding out what background processes are taking place while your machine is idle.
Oh really? Well there's no issues at all in DPC until I run DVS, so how should I proceed to troubleshoot this?

-Andy

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »

Oh really? Well there's no issues at all in DPC until I run DVS, so how should I proceed to troubleshoot this?

From the DPC user guide: "Note that the Deferred Procedure Call concept exists in kernel mode only. Any user-mode code (Windows applications)
runs in the context of a thread. Threads are managed and scheduled for execution by the dispatcher"
If you are not seeing DPC latency spikes at idle, I would suggest that your dropout issue is not caused by DPC, but something else. I don't know which program you are using, but the one from Resplendence has a bit more detailed information than the one from Thesycon, which is very basic.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 19 queries.