ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX828SP Failure  (Read 13795 times)

John Ferreira

Re: SRX828SP Failure
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 01:17:26 AM »

Will do...I'm loading into an auditorium at 6am to get ready to run Easter rehearsal and services...hopefully I'll be able to learn something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat check out my last few questions. Also, you do have two inputs, right? Do they both fail equally?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
John Ferreira

Jain John

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 03:02:34 AM »

Use Audio Architect software to update firmware even if the firmware upto date. tick the update and  restart boxes and check the problem solved. Or press and hold power button and back button together for couple of seconds and check again.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

veditor78

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »

I have had the same problem with my 828. Fed good signal, meters move on sub, I even get it to respond to commands from the SRX app on my iPad, but no sound.

The fix that works for me is...wait for it.... turn it off and back on. Seriously, that's all I have to do. I don't even remove power, just press the power button to turn it off, wait a few seconds, then press the button again.
Josh Rawls

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »

I have had the same problem with my 828. Fed good signal, meters move on sub, I even get it to respond to commands from the SRX app on my iPad, but no sound.

The fix that works for me is...wait for it.... turn it off and back on. Seriously, that's all I have to do. I don't even remove power, just press the power button to turn it off, wait a few seconds, then press the button again.

............. so something's not working right on your sub as well, then? I'm pretty sure that power cycling isn't a "fix" that JBL would recommend (other than in a pinch to try and limp through a show) -- it definitely sounds like this is a problem that's not isolated to a particular box.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »

If you all (or I should say y'all- living in the south) remember the first SRX828sp I purchased back in August 2015,  although it got labelled as an OOTB failure, it actually worked when I tested it at home and then failed at the first show. Same thing... lights, meters all working but no sound.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »

I had no output on one of my 818's at a gig, and the power cycle restored it for me as well. This happened only once, last summer.

Pat Talbot

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 05:27:30 PM »

If you all (or I should say y'all- living in the south) remember the first SRX828sp I purchased back in August 2015,  although it got labelled as an OOTB failure, it actually worked when I tested it at home and then failed at the first show. Same thing... lights, meters all working but no sound.

Did you get the amp replaced, or the whole box?  Did you just call Harman/JBL support to initiate a warranty repair? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 06:47:39 PM »

I had a customer hot patch his iPhone with 1/4 adapter into a SRX835P that he had turned on (without my permission or knowledge) while I was getting a Radial interface box to use on the balanced ins.  Very loud boom!  The mids and highs were gone!  I turned the levels down and plugged in the interface box - no mids or highs.  Customer suddenly said he needed to leave for an appointment.

Later I powered the system down and then up for more testing, and the mids and highs were back.  I've had no problems since.  I will not duplicate the incident, but I wonder that is an intentional "safety" feature.

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 07:21:37 PM »

I had no output on one of my 818's at a gig, and the power cycle restored it for me as well. This happened only once, last summer.
Just had this happen on one of our 818SPs. No sound coming out, but signal was passing through to the 812 above it, so I knew the line was fine. I figured it must have gone into sleep mode or something and wouldn't wake up. I power cycled it and it was fine for the rest of the two day event.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 11:31:16 PM »

Just had this happen on one of our 818SPs. No sound coming out, but signal was passing through to the 812 above it, so I knew the line was fine. I figured it must have gone into sleep mode or something and wouldn't wake up. I power cycled it and it was fine for the rest of the two day event.

Now that's the kind of intermittent problem and fix that would make me scared every time I would be using those speakers.

Powered speakers have lots of advantages but a quick crafty system re-patch around a dead amp is not one of them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 11:31:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.