ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic Live Sound setup for a small band in a church type environment  (Read 6710 times)

kimbhoot

So we have some old equipment (Peavey passive speakers, Behringer PMX2000 powered mixer)
The mixer inputs don't work too well (some of them). I recently picked up this Mackie FR1400 power amp from this church sale.

I'm the designated "Sound Guy" with little to no previous experience. I'm technically savvy but when it comes to sound engineering, I'm no expert. I'm looking for advice to setup a PA system with a shoestring budget for a small band (3 members and no drummer) to perform.
it would be great if we could use some of the existing equipment we have.

Thanks for reading.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Basic Live Sound setup for a small band in a church type environment
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »

Sorry for missing this post that's nearly a year old. The H.O.W. AV forum isn't a very busy place, it's more for discussions about video rather than sound. So your question would be better in the Church Sound forum, which is much more active.

Also, you're required to make your display name be your real, full name. I can't really tell if it is or not, so you if you're still around you might want to change it (use spaces, please) so the thread doesn't get locked.

After that's fixed, we will be free to respond to the question, and maybe the moderators will move the thread to Church Sound.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:02:52 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »

Sorry for missing this post that's nearly a year old. The H.O.W. AV forum isn't a very busy place, it's more for discussions about video rather than sound. So your question would be better in the Church Sound forum, which is much more active.

Also, you're required to make your display name be your real, full name. I can't really tell if it is or not, so you if you're still around you might want to change it (use spaces, please) so the thread doesn't get locked.

After that's fixed, we will be free to respond to the question, and maybe the moderators will move the thread to Church Sound.

The OP hasn't been back since the day he registered, a year ago. This is officially a zombie.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.