ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stageline sl50 new or used  (Read 11556 times)

Dave Guilford

Stageline sl50 new or used
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »

Anyone know where to look for used StagrLine?  I def can't afford a new SL100, but maybe a nnew or used SL50.  What kind of pricing is reasonable?  Obviously it'll add to my insurance bill, and storage / maintenance.  In my area stages like this are rented out for $1500/day.  How's that compare to other areas?

I've checked soundbroker but one seem to be avail, and none shownpricing for the smaller SL50. 

Seems one of the soundco's "2 steps up" from me just shut their doors and there may be room for me to pick up some of their abandoned clients.  Which also begs the question - suggestions so that I don't step on toes?  I'm generally diplomatic and run an honest business; always happy to take tips from others though. 

Thanks for the help

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Stageline sl50 new or used
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »

Have you reached out to StageLine directly? They are "in the know" for anything related to their products. If someone's looking to sell their used unit, SL will probably know about it. If SL has a good deal on a new SL50, you'd find out about that as well.

What area are you in? The SL50 "officially" is around $1800/day, with the SL100 "officially" about $3,000 per day-- but as with anything in life, they're flexible with pricing. If you get an SL100 and an SL50 from the same company, for example, you're going to get a screaming deal on the SL50 because there's two rentals for the same show.

Seems one of the soundco's "2 steps up" from me just shut their doors and there may be room for me to pick up some of their abandoned clients.  Which also begs the question - suggestions so that I don't step on toes?  I'm generally diplomatic and run an honest business; always happy to take tips from others though. 
Well, if the company has shut their doors, then you're not stepping on THEIR toes. :) The "bucket of gigs" has been dumped out in to your marketplace- unless they're specifically handing the clients off to a particular company (i.e. "Hey, so we're totally going out of business, but call Joe at BigAwesomeSound; they've been a trusted partner of ours for years, and I am absolutely confident they will deliver the same level of service you've come to expect from us.") then anything is fair game.

Get your sales staff on these clients NOW. Schmooze and booze them. Start building a relationship now. Get to know them. And let them know you're ready to prepare a package for them that will meet-or-exceed their expectations and previous experiences!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

Well, if the company has shut their doors, then you're not stepping on THEIR toes. :) The "bucket of gigs" has been dumped out in to your marketplace- unless they're specifically handing the clients off to a particular company (i.e. "Hey, so we're totally going out of business, but call Joe at BigAwesomeSound; they've been a trusted partner of ours for years, and I am absolutely confident they will deliver the same level of service you've come to expect from us.") then anything is fair game.

Get your sales staff on these clients NOW. Schmooze and booze them. Start building a relationship now. Get to know them. And let them know you're ready to prepare a package for them that will meet-or-exceed their expectations and previous experiences!

-Ray

+1.  I agree that in this business you have to be careful on who's toes you are stepping on.  If a provider has an established relationship with a client, it's best to leave that alone, unless there is a really good reason to take the gig from them.  This business is hard enough as it is.

In this case, the company closed shop, so all of their clients are now looking for someone else.  Did you know anyone at that shop?  That would be a good place to start. If you can make friends with them, that's a foot in the door to get the replacement.

Now, the other thing you need to find out is WHY they closed shop.  Were they not charging enough?  Were they providing horrible service?  Were they just bored with the whole thing and moved on?  Knowing these things will let you know how to approach their previous clients and find a way to get the work.
Brian Jojade

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »

I just noticed gearsource.com has a few mobile stages listed right now. Didn't see SL50 or SL100, but it may be worth a look.

They popped up on my Instagram feed, of all things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »

I'm not trying to disparage Stage Line which is a good product and company, but you might also look at the APEX 2016 or 2420 built in Pittsburg, KS.  You might be surprised by their pricing.  Mega-Stage, another manufacturer in Canada, usually has some used stages and/or deals.

Good luck.  I purchased a 24 X 32 stage several years ago, and it has been the best return on investment of any piece of equipment I ever purchased. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:55:56 PM »

I'm not trying to disparage Stage Line which is a good product and company, but you might also look at the APEX 2016 or 2420 built in Pittsburg, KS.  You might be surprised by their pricing.  Mega-Stage, another manufacturer in Canada, usually has some used stages and/or deals.

Good luck.  I purchased a 24 X 32 stage several years ago, and it has been the best return on investment of any piece of equipment I ever purchased.

The APEX Mobile stage is a well thought out design. No critical part is proprietary.

The concept is from Jay Waller of StagePro and at one time some of the build was done at the StagePro shop in Ottawa, KS.  Now the structure is built entirely by Progressive Products at their Pittsburg, KS facility.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »

No critical part is proprietary.

I am an APEX fan. The use of off-the-shelf parts ensures ongoing (years and years and years) viability of he product.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber