ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: RF Help!!!  (Read 9273 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: RF Help!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »

So I want to try these but I noticed based on the audio technica worksheets that a lot of these frequencies are taken up. My take on what is available is 656.00-667.975. Everything else already has a DTV channel broadcast in that spectrum.

I downloaded the current version of WW so I'm going to try that and maybe give AT a call to see if they can help explain their charts any better.

These coordinations will not match the AT worksheets - forget the AT worksheets when you use these coordinations.  Antennas are your real problem, though.

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Michael Gorecki

RF Help!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »

I'm not sure what this means. The freq charts I saw showed all available frequencies and where they were in relation to DTV channels.
The DTV channels you are concerned with are the ones actually broadcasting in your area.
If you have turned off the transmitters and see no RF on the receiver meters, try the freqs I posted, or the ones Pete posted.

These are the two charts that are on the AT website and a shot of WW. My assumption is that you have to cross off all the frequencies that are on the DTV channels listed. That leaves me with ~656-668 which is what WW is telling me as well. Please correct me if I'm missing something here.

Update: additionally the first 8 receivers are only allowing me to adjust in .125mhz increments so I am unable to get to the exact frequencies. How crucial are the exact frequencies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:12:07 PM by Michael Gorecki »

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 02:00:45 PM »

These are the two charts that are on the AT website and a shot of WW. My assumption is that you have to cross off all the frequencies that are on the DTV channels listed. That leaves me with ~656-668 which is what WW is telling me as well. Please correct me if I'm missing something here.

Update: additionally the receivers are only allowing me to adjust in .125mhz increments so I am unable to get to the exact frequencies. How crucial are the exact frequencies?

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

Update: additionally the receivers are only allowing me to adjust in .125mhz increments so I am unable to get to the exact frequencies. How crucial are the exact frequencies?

I don't know but I suspect that the AT charts are valid only within a specific TV channel. If you want all your mics on ch 44...use these frequencies otherwise use WWB or IAS or similar.

I would go with Pete's list and improving the antenna location.

The exact frequencies are very crucial to making this work. the intermod software is doing the math and the results they give are only valid for those exact frequencies.

You could reduce the coord settings in WWB to less robust to get a few more freqs.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »

I don't know but I suspect that the AT charts are valid only within a specific TV channel. If you want all your mics on ch 44...use these frequencies otherwise use WWB or IAS or similar.

I would go with Pete's list and improving the antenna location.

The exact frequencies are very crucial to making this work. the intermod software is doing the math and the results they give are only valid for those exact frequencies.

You could reduce the coord settings in WWB to less robust to get a few more freqs.

I don't need all of my mics on ch 44 but from what I've been reading the digital channels take up the full spectrum of their given channels. The analog channels allow for some play in between.

http://ff.audiotechnica.com/using/wireless/tvfreqcheck/An_Dig_Trans.html

For 8 of the receivers I can't input the exact frequency. I'm limited to .125mhz increments. So unless there's a way to input that into the software I can basically throw all of this out the window. Correct?

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »

I'm limited to .125mhz increments. So unless there's a way to input that into the software I can basically throw all of this out the window. Correct?

That is a bit of a limiting factor, yes. Can't offer a solution unless IAS can accommodate that restriction. I'm not experienced enough with IAS to try that.
Also, just because a DTV channel "operates in your area" doesn't mean it will be strong enough to cause you problems.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »

I don't need all of my mics on ch 44 but from what I've been reading the digital channels take up the full spectrum of their given channels.

For 8 of the receivers I can't input the exact frequency. I'm limited to .125mhz increments. So unless there's a way to input that into the software I can basically throw all of this out the window. Correct?

Sorry, I meant that the AT channel lists may not be compatible across the different listed TV channels.

To get around the .125Mhz spacing you could make up a custom preset in WWB.

Or do a scan with the AT devices and enter the resulting frequencies in WWB to check for intermod interference.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »

Also turn off 3tx in wwb for the mics. Will help get 1 or 2 frequencies (check the wireless forum on triple beats I'm not going to rehash it)

Also you could probably get away with using the more frequencies option for the mics as well as decreasing the spacing to nearest tv channel in preferences.

I would find out how to update the firmware on those units or have them sent to the shop ASAP since that is really not useful.

You are sure that you RTFM and there isn't some weird setting enabled?
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 09:38:54 PM »

So I called AT today and they provided me with a list for the 3100 series that is in .125 MHz increments. They informed me that due to this limitation I would
only be able to have 7 units working. So I programmed our priority units to the 7 channels that were given to me and then used the scan1 to find the rest of the frequencies. I tested everything in the room with a cast member and had 0 issues.

Fast forward a couple hours, the rest of the cast, band and tech crew show up(~100 people). We do a mic check and just about every frequency given to me from AT was now trash. They all landed in the open,non congested range. Only visible differences are the added bodies. I had turned on every piece of equipment that we are using during the show.

Trying to think of something, I asked everybody to leave the theater and to my surprise there was reduced interference once the room was cleared. I was able to switch some of the clearer channels to the leads...

And here we go... I'll update with the results after the show.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 02:51:56 AM »

So I called AT today and they provided me with a list for the 3100 series that is in .125 MHz increments. They informed me that due to this limitation I would
only be able to have 7 units working. So I programmed our priority units to the 7 channels that were given to me and then used the scan1 to find the rest of the frequencies. I tested everything in the room with a cast member and had 0 issues.

Fast forward a couple hours, the rest of the cast, band and tech crew show up(~100 people). We do a mic check and just about every frequency given to me from AT was now trash. They all landed in the open,non congested range. Only visible differences are the added bodies. I had turned on every piece of equipment that we are using during the show.

Trying to think of something, I asked everybody to leave the theater and to my surprise there was reduced interference once the room was cleared. I was able to switch some of the clearer channels to the leads...

And here we go... I'll update with the results after the show.

Must be intermod from all the cell phones.  Low order harmonics are rare but lower end radios with little or no front end to provide selectivity is just a recipe for disaster.  You really need to budget at least $1200 channel to do what you are trying to do.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 02:51:56 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.