ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF L18P300 on EV ELX118p  (Read 10644 times)

Pedro Marques

RCF L18P300 on EV ELX118p
« on: April 05, 2017, 05:51:50 AM »

Hello every one,

I am new at this forum and I'm here to ask you guys if you think that if I put this speaker "RCF L18P300" on this subs "EV ELX118p" will work fine?

Have any one tried something like this?

Tank you guys

PM

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:19 AM »

Hello every one,

I am new at this forum

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Pedro Marques

Re: RCF L18P300 on EV ELX118p
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 06:20:32 PM »

Hello every one,

I am new at this forum and I'm here to ask you guys if you think that if I put this speaker "RCF L18P300" on this subs "EV ELX118p" will work fine?

Tank you guys

PM

Please any one?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 03:11:31 AM »

Please any one?

Clearly English is not your first language so humor won't help.

"Work fine" is not meaningful.  Work fine for what?  What do you want them to do?  Hard data, area you want to cover, sound level goals, material type, amount of low end extension expected.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:48:49 AM »

Hello every one,

Tank you guys

PM
Pedro, I am contracting EV to see which 18" speaker they put into the EXL18p cabinet.  After I find out the answer to that, hopefully today, I will be able to compare the specifications on that 18" vs the RCF L18P300.  The L18P300 will work and create sound.  The real question is how well will it work.  I will post as soon as I get a response from EV and can compare the two speakers.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »

Bill, thank you for your effort to help Pedro.
It reflects well on us as forum members, when such kind professional courtesy is offered to newcomers.
mark

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »

Quote from: William Schnake link=topic=163092.msg1500803#msg1500803
I am contracting EV to see which 18" speaker they put into the EXL18p cabinet. 

According to the spec sheet it's the same 8 ohm EVS-18k driver that is found in the passive version of the cab.
Not that this matters, since this is a self powered cab you would still only have the same 700w powering the "upgraded" RCF driver so you can't take advantage of it's increased output potential.. making the whole exercise a waste of time and energy... IMO.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:18:23 PM »

Bill, thank you for your effort to help Pedro.
It reflects well on us as forum members, when such kind professional courtesy is offered to newcomers.
mark

Mark - I respectfully disagree with you.  Mollycoddling and doing someone else's work for them does not help increase knowledge or develop useful professional skills.

Leading someone down the path to learning how you select a driver for a cabinet, along with the correct application assists in professional development.

I did however note that this may be an ESOL issue and simply an inability on behalf of the OP to communicate the request.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Pedro Marques

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:48:40 PM »

According to the spec sheet it's the same 8 ohm EVS-18k driver that is found in the passive version of the cab.
Not that this matters, since this is a self powered cab you would still only have the same 700w powering the "upgraded" RCF driver so you can't take advantage of it's increased output potential.. making the whole exercise a waste of time and energy... IMO.

When using the powered version of the subwoofer that I own, I can only use the volume in the middle, more than this and it starts to turn on the limiter light.
So I thought I'd get a speaker with more capacity to take full advantage of the amplifier.

The loudspeaker of the amplified and passive version are the same.

Thank you for all your help.

PM

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »

Hi Pedro,

If your powered sub's limiter light is blinking at 1/2 volume, a more powerful speaker will not help. The limiter indicates the amplifier is clipping and limiting its output.

I suspect you are playing the speaker louder than it is able to go, or your incoming signal gain structure is incorrect.

Regardless, the original EV driver is an EV F 01U 174 472. I was unable to find much technical data for the speaker (hole spacing, basket diameter/depth, etc). Full Compass does sell a replacement driver: http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/192701-Electro-Voice-F01U174472

But, as I mentioned here, I don't believe the driver is the problem. You likely need a more powerful subwoofer, more subwoofers, or you need to fix the structure of your signal to help eliminate the limiting and clipping.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.