ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor season / FOH tents  (Read 4949 times)

Dave Guilford

Outdoor season / FOH tents
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »

So I've been using the EZ-up style 10x10ft canopies for my FOH setup the last few summers but they're all starting to show wear and tear.  Fine for shade, but wind is starting to stretch the and I either need to buy another one or two again (presumably every 3-4 years) , or I get something better.

Suggestions on where to find the old "metal tubing and thicker tarp style walls and roof" canopies for FOH?   I'd like to do some comparison shopping.  Thanks

Steve Crump

Re: Outdoor season / FOH tents
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »

So I've been using the EZ-up style 10x10ft canopies for my FOH setup the last few summers but they're all starting to show wear and tear.  Fine for shade, but wind is starting to stretch the and I either need to buy another one or two again (presumably every 3-4 years) , or I get something better.

Suggestions on where to find the old "metal tubing and thicker tarp style walls and roof" canopies for FOH?   I'd like to do some comparison shopping.  Thanks

Celina Tents

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »

I've taken a liking to the 10x20 pop-up tents, but I have yet to find one that doesn't wear out quickly.  Worth a look if you need the extra space.  I can fit both light and sound consoles under mine side by side with room to spare, which usually turning into space for the road cases and other buffering material to keep the public out when not on a riser.  Hope this helps!

John Fruits

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 09:06:28 PM »

Step 1: Start buying lottery tickets.
Step 2: Buy one of these:
http://stageline.com/products/sl100-mix/
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
Outdoor season / FOH tents
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »

Step 1: Start buying lottery tickets.
Step 2: Buy one of these:
http://stageline.com/products/sl100-mix/

Until the lottery thing works out...

KD Kanopy

It's more expensive than the standard EZ Up canopy but much more substantial. Take a look at the XTF.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:32:22 PM by Ed Hall »
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:02:58 AM »

I bought one from these guys. I have had it for about 6 years now. I had the company name silk screened onto the top of the tent on all 4 sides. I also ordered the sandbags, and the side walls to go with it.

http://shop.impactcanopy.com/

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 12:24:31 PM »

KD Kanopy

It's more expensive than the standard EZ Up canopy but much more substantial. Take a look at the XTF.

+1. The KD canopy tents are well worth the investment. The cheapies from WalMart are barely good enough to make it through one show, maybe. If there's any wind to speak of, they're history.

The KD units are a much more rugged design.  There is a company here that uses them as sponsorship tents with their logo all over them.  They have been using them for YEARS and they hold up wonderfully.
Brian Jojade

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 02:06:10 PM »

KD Kanopy

Vote #3 for KD Kanopy.  We have both Majestic and XTF.  These are not your Walmart pop ups. We have frames that are 10 years old.  WE can get 6 or 7 seasons out of a canopy.  The key to canopy longevity is DO NOT fold them up with the frame.  Yes, it is easy and yes it will wear the canopy out in 2 seasons.  Take the canopy off the frame, fold it neatly and stow it in the carry pouch that is part of the frame carry bag.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 02:09:29 AM »

I like mine
https://www.facebook.com/SouthFloridaSound/photos/p.827766974038750/827766974038750/?type=3&theater

Like your new remote production van.  Off topic question.  What midi controller are you using with Showexpress?  Looks like a good match.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 02:09:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 24 queries.