ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone on the 1973 Pink Floyd Tour?  (Read 30150 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Re: Anyone on the 1973 Pink Floyd Tour?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »

I'll even play the tour set list with Echoes, etc... Now if can only get some lasers for a light show.

Ok, but no line-array.  If you are doing an old school show you have to use old school boxes.  Either EAW or Meyer.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »

1973?  Uhhhh no, you're talking Martin boxes in the UK and Altec A4s maybe JBL4560s with 2350 horns in the US.

Ok, but no line-array.  If you are doing an old school show you have to use old school boxes.  Either EAW or Meyer.

Bill

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »

1973?  Uhhhh no, you're talking Martin boxes in the UK and Altec A4s maybe JBL4560s with 2350 horns in the US.

I'll have to check with MHA Audio in town. I think they still have 40 or so of their original Tannoy M6 cabinets that were used for AC-DC and the B52's for years. They're heavy as all get out (400+ lbs per cabinet) but they actually sound pretty good. I'll see if I can scare up a picture.

Mike Sokol

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »

I've just confirmed there's a pile (40+) of the original Malcolm Hill M6/Tannoy/RH Cabinets right in Hagerstown, all operational and setup with NL8 Speakon connectors. Their shop guy Bruce said he would like to see 4 boxes per corner, so that's 16 cabinets total. You know I'm mixing this in quad, right? If I ask the shop owner nicely I can probably get it all for free. Of course, we have to lift everything (Ugh).

And if you wanted to go all-in with this, I can probably find a Yamaha PM4000 to mix on. Again, heavy as all crap (1,000 lbs in the case IIRC) but that's "old school" baby.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:00:28 PM by Mike Sokol »

TrevorMilburn

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 12:50:13 PM »

I'll have to check with MHA Audio in town. I think they still have 40 or so of their original Tannoy M6 cabinets that were used for AC-DC and the B52's for years. They're heavy as all get out (400+ lbs per cabinet) but they actually sound pretty good. I'll see if I can scare up a picture.
M6? Never seen that before!
Here is a pic of the Hill M4 cabs (As used at Live Aid).
and one here of the Hill M3 in use by Saxon:

Mike Sokol

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »

M6? Never seen that before!

I've used them for years on the Maryland Symphony at the Antietam Battlefield, so they would be right at home there. Gotta bring in a big genny to power them, but I know a guy....

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »

I've just confirmed there's a pile (40+) of the original Malcolm Hill M6/Tannoy/RH Cabinets right in Hagerstown, all operational and setup with NL8 Speakon connectors. Their shop guy Bruce said he would like to see 4 boxes per corner, so that's 16 cabinets total. You know I'm mixing this in quad, right? If I ask the shop owner nicely I can probably get it all for free. Of course, we have to lift everything (Ugh).

And if you wanted to go all-in with this, I can probably find a Yamaha PM4000 to mix on. Again, heavy as all crap (1,000 lbs in the case IIRC) but that's "old school" baby.

If you want to keep it all Hill I'll bring a Concept console for FOH and a Datum monitor console with 12 mixes of TX1000 amplifiers and wedges.

Though a closer period console would be the Midas PR03 I've been working on.

Mike Sokol

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »

If you want to keep it all Hill I'll bring a Concept console for FOH and a Datum monitor console with 12 mixes of TX1000 amplifiers and wedges.

Though a closer period console would be the Midas PR03 I've been working on.

Aren't you in Canada? Would you drive it to this event?

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 02:39:35 PM »

Aren't you in Canada? Would you drive it to this event?

Getting across the border could be a little interesting. But it's been done before. Could be a fun road trip!

Haha maybe bringing an entire monitor rig would be overkill :) But a console would be more realistic.

Every time I think everyone else must have finally scrapped the Hill gear someone makes a post like yours, that there's a pile of it ready to go out gigging. It's a love/hate relationship I have with it.

Mike Sokol

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »

Getting across the border could be a little interesting. But it's been done before. Could be a fun road trip!

Haha maybe bringing an entire monitor rig would be overkill :) But a console would be more realistic.

Every time I think everyone else must have finally scrapped the Hill gear someone makes a post like yours, that there's a pile of it ready to go out gigging. It's a love/hate relationship I have with it.

The warehouse with all this Hill gear is a 15 minute drive from my shop and I've worked for the owner Mike Scarfe for the last 25 years or so. And the Antietam Battlefield is only a 20 minute drive from my shop. So if you REALLY NEEDED them there tomorrow morning and had a budget, I could make it happen.  ;)

But I'm being realistic and can probably get permission for use of the field, and maybe a sponsor or two pay incidental costs like the genny and a few hotel rooms for the out-of-town folks. I can bring old-school speakers and amps and mixers and mics. I just need to know what the PF cover band would need to play through, etc...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.