ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone on the 1973 Pink Floyd Tour?  (Read 30176 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Anyone on the 1973 Pink Floyd Tour?
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »

I'm looking for anyone who was on the 1973 leg of the Dark Side of the Moon Tour. I'm trying to verify if the Band stopped at the Antietam Battlefield on March 21, 1973 in Sharpsburg, MD for any reason at all. I live a few miles from Sharpsburg and don't remember any concert taking place there. In fact, I've done sound for the Maryland Symphony Orchestra in the battlefield many times on the 4th of July, and we have to bring in EVERYTHING including a portable stage, roof, power, sanitation, etc... I suspect their tour bus might have just stopped there for a break and someone included it as a tour stop. Here's the Widipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Moon_Tour

So do any of you know anyone who was on that tour?

Rick Powell

Re: Anyone on the 1973 Pink Floyd Tour?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:06:57 AM »

I'm looking for anyone who was on the 1973 leg of the Dark Side of the Moon Tour. I'm trying to verify if the Band stopped at the Antietam Battlefield on March 21, 1973 in Sharpsburg, MD for any reason at all. I live a few miles from Sharpsburg and don't remember any concert taking place there. In fact, I've done sound for the Maryland Symphony Orchestra in the battlefield many times on the 4th of July, and we have to bring in EVERYTHING including a portable stage, roof, power, sanitation, etc... I suspect their tour bus might have just stopped there for a break and someone included it as a tour stop. Here's the Widipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Moon_Tour

So do any of you know anyone who was on that tour?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/pink-floyd-13d6adc5.html?page=49

Setlist FM doesn't have this date on the tour, and yet has a detailed setlist for the bookends around this date. You may be correct, or it was some impromptu acoustic jam or something between gigs.

Mike Sokol

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:05 AM »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/pink-floyd-13d6adc5.html?page=49

Setlist FM doesn't have this date on the tour, and yet has a detailed setlist for the bookends around this date. You may be correct, or it was some impromptu acoustic jam or something between gigs.

One of my musicians buddies says that Roger Waters is an American History buff and especially interested in the Civil War period. So maybe the tour bus stopped off the visit the Antietam Battlefield which is a big tourist stop. But why would the date and place make it onto their tour schedule. The mystery continues.

Rick Earl

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

One of my musicians buddies says that Roger Waters is an American History buff and especially interested in the Civil War period. So maybe the tour bus stopped off the visit the Antietam Battlefield which is a big tourist stop. But why would the date and place make it onto their tour schedule. The mystery continues.

Unless they got the tour schedule from the band/crew one tour books - When I was on tour, our books also had listings for non-performance stops if they were significant, I remember a DC stop in between a Baltimore and Richmond date specifically being in our book so we could make plans.

Mike Sokol

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »

Unless they got the tour schedule from the band/crew one tour books - When I was on tour, our books also had listings for non-performance stops if they were significant, I remember a DC stop in between a Baltimore and Richmond date specifically being in our book so we could make plans.

That's sort of what we're thinking. My guitar player and I have floated the idea of having a DSOTM party in Surround Sound at Antietam Battlefield next March 21st. Sort of a reunion tour for the gig that didn't happen. I have all the gear and could easily do it, but of course we'll need permission from the Antietam Battlefield management. There's a ton of room out there... when I do the July 4th show with the Maryland Symphony Orchestra we typically get between 25 to 30 thousand attending. Hey, if we got a few dozen of our hard-core friends to help set this up and listen that would be great. I'll even play the tour set list with Echoes, etc... Now if can only get some lasers for a light show.

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 11:38:58 AM »

"Forward! he cried from the rear, and the front rank died..."
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »

That's sort of what we're thinking. My guitar player and I have floated the idea of having a DSOTM party in Surround Sound at Antietam Battlefield next March 21st. Sort of a reunion tour for the gig that didn't happen. I have all the gear and could easily do it, but of course we'll need permission from the Antietam Battlefield management. There's a ton of room out there... when I do the July 4th show with the Maryland Symphony Orchestra we typically get between 25 to 30 thousand attending. Hey, if we got a few dozen of our hard-core friends to help set this up and listen that would be great. I'll even play the tour set list with Echoes, etc... Now if can only get some lasers for a light show.

I'm in.  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »

I'm in.  :)

Yeah me too - The frontman for a great Floyd Tribute band is a good friend of mine:

http://www.floydtribute.com/

They are running the entire Animals in celebration of the 40th anniversary.  It's a great show this year.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mike Sokol

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »

Yeah me too - The frontman for a great Floyd Tribute band is a good friend of mine:

http://www.floydtribute.com/

They are running the entire Animals in celebration of the 40th anniversary.  It's a great show this year.

What would it cost to get them out to the Antietam Battlefield next March 21st? And forward me their production rider, please.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »

What would it cost to get them out to the Antietam Battlefield next March 21st? And forward me their production rider, please.

Already reached out to Eroc and asked him how he wants to engage.  This would be amazing, I would not miss and be honored to work the show in any capacity.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.