ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8" Turbosound. Really?  (Read 10272 times)

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
Re: 8" Turbosound. Really?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 05:30:25 PM »

This is an old thread but maybe someone can help you. 

Sometimes you get what you pay for!  Kind of like JBL's JRX stuff.  JBL makes some very good speakers in higher price ranges, but their "cheap" speakers . . .  no!  This is just my opinion.  Now the Turbosound iQ series performs well in its price range. Again, just my opinion.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »

This is an old thread but maybe someone can help you. 

Sometimes you get what you pay for!  Kind of like JBL's JRX stuff.  JBL makes some very good speakers in higher price ranges, but their "cheap" speakers . . .  no!  This is just my opinion.  Now the Turbosound iQ series performs well in its price range. Again, just my opinion.

The iQ don't get a lot of love here, I think because there are some really impressive step-up products in the next price bracket.  For the money you pay, thought, the iQ represent a pretty good value for utility and small gig speakers.  If one is invested in the Behringer ecosystem the extra connection options are quite useful.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Marr

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 09:19:12 PM »

The iQ don't get a lot of love here, I think because there are some really impressive step-up products in the next price bracket.  For the money you pay, thought, the iQ represent a pretty good value for utility and small gig speakers.  If one is invested in the Behringer ecosystem the extra connection options are quite useful.

Agree with this very much.
I had the iQ12 and they were ok.
Throw a small amount more money in, and get the Yamaha DSR112 and it's a world of difference (in my opinion).

HowardJohnstone

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »

Sorry to bring this old post alive again, but the ip-series are still popular and we see them a lot around.
For us oldies, Turbosound is forever coupled to the TMS series with all its faults and benefits, where
Beyma CP300, 350 and EV DH-3 (DH2010) was used. Anyway, apart from the tweeter, the rest of the box
is quite good, the transfer function of the filter performs well with the selected bass unit. the horn works
as expected with reasonable level of alignment (Using ARTA and Vituixcad for 3d visualization). I'am no
expert but they could have updated this years ago, and the box would have been very nice to use.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2020, 03:29:53 AM »

Sorry to bring this old post alive again, but the ip-series are still popular and we see them a lot around.
For us oldies, Turbosound is forever coupled to the TMS series with all its faults and benefits, where
Beyma CP300, 350 and EV DH-3 (DH2010) was used. Anyway, apart from the tweeter, the rest of the box
is quite good, the transfer function of the filter performs well with the selected bass unit. the horn works
as expected with reasonable level of alignment (Using ARTA and Vituixcad for 3d visualization). I'am no
expert but they could have updated this years ago, and the box would have been very nice to use.

Hi Howard, welcome the LAB Lounge.

I have my memories of the old Turbo TMS.  I've had sufficient therapy to have put most of those experiences behind me.  8) 

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 12:18:37 PM »

I have my memories of the old Turbo TMS.  I've had sufficient therapy to have put most of those experiences behind me.  8)
Finally over the "blues"  ;)?

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »

Finally over the "blues"  ;)?
And not just any Blues, TURBO Blues !!!!

Back in the day i shlepped around more TMS4's than I care to remember.
One shop I subbed at had about 60 of the damn things.
3800's were the power of the day.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Ed Taylor

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »

Hmm...I have an Astrovan...2 2x18 subs, 3-way FOH, 5 monitor mixes, amps, X32R, mics, stands, cabling. It all fits and I can do most club gigs. ..and park in a normal parking spot!

Astro vans rule !!!  grin

yeah, much of my work rides in a full size chevy 2500 express van, if it gets bigger than that, i just back the van up to the trailer and take my entire world with me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.