ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 4-6ch mixer suggestions  (Read 8518 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: 4-6ch mixer suggestions
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »

Now there is real old school.  Very first rig I ever mixed on.  Had a stack of 4 in the HS auditorium.  I was in last year of middle school and the HS kids that ran the booth would let me screw around a bit (and lock me up on the catwalk but that's another story).  If memory serves me they had an EQ in the same form factor in the stack.

You're thinking of the M67.  The SCM268 is current production.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Hampton Maher

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »

I know you said analog but have you looked at the QSC touchmix 8?  It's about the same size as a VLZ1202 but adds (most of) the functionality of a digital mixer.  It might be more than you want to spend though.

The Soundcraft ui12 and Behringer xr12 are even smaller (and pretty affordable) but you lose any sort of control surface on the mixer itself.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »

+ 1 - I always tout the Peavey PV's - they are indestructible and sound pretty darn good to boot!

I know a couple of people who use them.  They work fine.

Don't rule out Mackie or Behringer either. I have recently purchased a Behringer Xenyx X2222 mixer for the times when I only need a few inputs and don't want to carry in a rack case of equipment.  Eight mic inputs and four stereo line inputs, digital effects, two aux buses for monitors (in addition to the effects send) and a compressor on each mic input.

They make smaller versions with four and six mic inputs which might be suitable.

Steve.

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »

I have couple Alto Zephyr Series mixers I use for simple rental systems. Can't say I ever compared the sound to any of my other mixers but they are pretty flexible  and I don't hear anything I don't like coming out of them.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »

Thanks all.
After reviewing the various suggestions and 'features', I'm going with the A&H Zed6fx and 10fx.
Just about perfect for my low channel count needs.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:44 PM »

I have a ZEDi8 (similar in size to the 6FX) and ZED10FX and they both sound great. Be aware that the ZED6FX, like the ZEDi8, does not use an IEC power cable, it uses a less common 3 connector cable (but not a wall wart). I am just afraid if I forget to bring, or lose, that cable it will be much harder to find one on the set. Although the ZED6FX is smaller, I really like the ZED10FX if you can use the 4 mic inputs and can live with knobs for the channels instead of faders.
Also, if you can use 8 mic pres and want 2 auxes but no effects, I just got a Midas DM12 today and can't hear a difference from the ZEDi8. More impressions to come as I use it a bit in my rehearsal studio.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 09:56:49 AM »

Thanks all.
After reviewing the various suggestions and 'features', I'm going with the A&H Zed6fx and 10fx.
Just about perfect for my low channel count needs.

Good choice.  My 10fx has been a trooper.  Sounds great, EFX are usable, and built very well.  No wall warts is nice, too.  Mine lives in a slant-top DJ rack with a power strip and a spare iNuke that I had laying around.  Goes out on rentals regularly.

augie propersi

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 10:01:44 AM »

Soundcraft Ui12 great little mixer lots of features

John Schalk

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »

Soundcraft Ui12 great little mixer lots of features

At the risk of jacking this thread, I'd like to know if anyone is sending out these all-in-one, tablet only digital mixers with unattended SoS systems?  I'd like to have the capabilities of an XAir or Ui12 for myself, but not sure if they are user friendly enough to send out in place of a simple analog mixer when there isn't an operator going out with the system.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »

My small sound company has a gig coming up where I need several small mixers.
I don't want to use my 24ch performer to mix 3 wireless mics.
Any thoughts on small analog boards?
I have an old Mackie VLZ1202 and a Soundcraft MFXi8, but I need three more.
Go!

I've been using a Mackie ProFX8 V2 for about 3-4 years, now.  Very versatile, and has sliders. IEC power.

-Dennis

<edit> I should add that the "FX" are just a step above "cheesy"; so don't expect much from  them.

<edit2>  There are a bunch on eBay for about a C-note+ship.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:26:24 PM by Dennis Wiggins »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.