ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: VENU360 issue - no sound output... time to shop for replacement?  (Read 14039 times)

Steve Litscher

• MixMasters Podcast
Re: VENU360 issue - no sound output... time to shop for replacement?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 08:33:57 pm »

Thanks everyone - I'll play around with the matrix outs and delay options this weekend.

Mike - good to know. I wonder if this is what Harman will do... we shall see. Thanks!

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 08:54:43 pm »

Mike - good to know. I wonder if this is what Harman will do... we shall see. Thanks!
Well given that the pic shown is a screenshot of a DBX tech bulletin relating to your exact symptoms, I suspect yes.  :-)
M

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 08:40:27 am »

Well given that the pic shown is a screenshot of a DBX tech bulletin relating to your exact symptoms, I suspect yes.  :-)
M

Is that problem for all 360's of just a certain production run / serial number range?

David Allred

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 02:13:29 pm »

Is that problem for all 360's of just a certain production run / serial number range?
Keeping this alive, and wondering if a proactive/preemptive repair is the best approach.

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 09:15:25 pm »

Technote does not give a range but says "Apply to service units only"  (As opposed to "Update stock and service units" or "Information only").
M

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 07:39:46 pm »

Well today I opened up all but one of my 360's, I have never had any problems with them in the little over a year I have been using them. This was a pro active measure and it worked out I somewhat had time to do it today.

Mine were all purchased in February 2016 with the exception of one that was purchased in August 2016.
I did the power connector hard wire bypass modification as pictured in the DBX service bulletin that Mike posted. Quick and easy to do and I will say my soldering looks better than what's in their picture!!

The unit I bought later in August had an upgraded connector that was slightly smaller and they had put a dab of RTV on it, I did not do anything with that one. The older ones had the classic white nylon pin connector and the wires did feel loose in the connector body, with one unit powered up I did wiggle the power connector and wires and could not make it act up at that time.

The unit I did not get to today is one of the February purchases so I'm guessing it will need the connector mod.

Who knows if I prevented any problems later down the road, but I'll sleep better tonight!

Just in case I always have a spare crossover and a small back up mixer with with me that I can make sound come out of the system with if need be.

David Allred

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 09:00:48 am »

The power cable from the SMPSU to the main board is cooking at the main board connector.

Cooking?  Does that mean that the socket is losing electrical contact with the pin (via fit or oxidation)?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 09:36:59 am »

Cooking?  Does that mean that the socket is losing electrical contact with the pin (via fit or oxidation)?

From my observations as I modified mine just yesterday I would say it would be the mechanical fit. I guess if the fit was a little loose to start with then any heat or oxidation problems would be exaggerated.

Adrian Horn

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 12:38:59 am »

Thanks for the info!my VENU360 lost outputs at a gig Saturday night(luckily in a break-and even better I had all crossover settings in my amp dsp's-just in case😬).
I bought my one in LA last September (I am in Australia) so it was nice to have the solution without having to ship it back to the US!
Seems to be working fine now,thanks again!
Adrian

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 11:38:23 am »

Thanks for the info!my VENU360 lost outputs at a gig Saturday night(luckily in a break-and even better I had all crossover settings in my amp dsp's-just in case😬).
I bought my one in LA last September (I am in Australia) so it was nice to have the solution without having to ship it back to the US!
Seems to be working fine now,thanks again!
Adrian

Let us know what power connector style yours has?
I should have taken and posted a picture of both styles of power connector that my units had.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 11:38:23 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.