ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vue Audiotechnik H15W / H12W  (Read 8771 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Vue Audiotechnik H15W / H12W
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »

Looking for a very high quality trap box and this is on my radar.  The AL8 is my favorite midsize line array. 

I have only used the H15 one time as sidefill monitors so I have limited experience with them.

I need a one box per side rig that must be flyable with fairly wide coverage, high output and excellent sound quality.  Must be powered with weight less than about 80#.  It must be very good looking also due to demands of picky event coordinators.

The application will be for anything from talking heads to corporate bands.  Vocal clarity is very important.  Typical listening area would be about 50'  wide by 70' long.

Are any of you using the Vue H15W or H12W?  For those of you who are using them, please share experiences about how they have performed in similar applications.

Keep in mind that I work in very hot conditions compared to just about everyone else.  How has the Amp module handles adverse conditions?

Please do not recommend the Danley SM80.  I know these forums have become a fan zone but I have reasons for it not being on my short list.

Drew Kirkland

• consultant, designer and installation engineerScot
Re: Vue Audiotechnik H15W / H12W
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »

Have you thought about Funktion One res2 . Point source  exceedingly hi quality and very efficient. Does not need a dsp. Just quality amps and a decent xover.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

why bother to burn the candle at both ends when you can take a flame-thower to it

Drew Kirkland

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »

http://www.funktion-one.com/products/res-2/

why bother to burn the candle at both ends when you can take a flame-thower to it

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »

Have you thought about Funktion One res2 . Point source  exceedingly hi quality and very efficient. Does not need a dsp. Just quality amps and a decent xover.

You didn't read my post.  Must be powered, fairly wide coverage and less than about 80#. Also, not into the sound of Funktion One.  These are not going to be used by DJs or in night clubs.  No one will be requesting Funktion One.  They meet Zero aspects of my criteria.

Drew Kirkland

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »

Sorry didn't see the powered part. F1 are used for everything from classical through rock to rave. They are not just dj speakers they are probably the best sounding system currently available and you should track some down set them up and have a shot. Many worldwide touring bands now favour the transparency and lack of processing they give.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »

Sorry didn't see the powered part. F1 are used for everything from classical through rock to rave. They are not just dj speakers they are probably the best sounding system currently available and you should track some down set them up and have a shot. Many worldwide touring bands now favour the transparency and lack of processing they give.

This may be true, but they also look like a weapon system from a Klingon starship, which is rather counter to the OP's goal of pleasing picky event organizers.   ;D

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »

Hi Ryan,

I don't have direct experience with the Vue cabinets either.  I can heartily recommend the Fulcrum Acoustics FA22ac though.  It's a dual 12" co-ax that sounds like a studio monitor and only weighs 60 LBS. Internally bi-amped via Powersoft amp modules--should be nearly bulletproof.  If I were in the market for a high powered trap box, these would be on my short list.

Jeff

Adam Robinson

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »

Looking for a very high quality trap box and this is on my radar.  The AL8 is my favorite midsize line array. 

I have only used the H15 one time as sidefill monitors so I have limited experience with them.

I need a one box per side rig that must be flyable with fairly wide coverage, high output and excellent sound quality.  Must be powered with weight less than about 80#.  It must be very good looking also due to demands of picky event coordinators.

The application will be for anything from talking heads to corporate bands.  Vocal clarity is very important.  Typical listening area would be about 50'  wide by 70' long.

Are any of you using the Vue H15W or H12W?  For those of you who are using them, please share experiences about how they have performed in similar applications.

Keep in mind that I work in very hot conditions compared to just about everyone else.  How has the Amp module handles adverse conditions?

Please do not recommend the Danley SM80.  I know these forums have become a fan zone but I have reasons for it not being on my short list.

I used these boxes as nearfield monitors for a tour production rehearsal.  The rehearsal spot we were at had them on hand, so it meant I could try something new (and bring something in if I didn't like them).  While I can't speak to how great they'll perform in the heat, I was very impressed with audio and build quality.

Drew Kirkland

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 04:46:12 PM »

This may be true, but they also look like a weapon system from a Klingon starship, which is rather counter to the OP's goal of pleasing picky event organizers.   ;D
You could be right with that one.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 09:02:44 PM »

I used these boxes as nearfield monitors for a tour production rehearsal.  The rehearsal spot we were at had them on hand, so it meant I could try something new (and bring something in if I didn't like them).  While I can't speak to how great they'll perform in the heat, I was very impressed with audio and build quality.

They're fine in the heat. I ran the VUE demo tour in 2012 and they were taking full sun on the amp modules in the VUE parking lot, 100 degrees plus, and metered maybe 150 degrees on the surface of the amp modules.   No prob.

They sound fantastic.  Pair with the 28 sub and you have a punchy warm setup.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 09:02:44 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.