ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody using speakers by TW Audio?  (Read 8610 times)

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
Re: Anybody using speakers by TW Audio?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 12:29:17 PM »

I wrote up a review after hearing the system yesterday. As per site rules, I placed it in the "Review" section of the forum.

Find it here>>  http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,163006.0.html

I also added a link to some video footage that I took of the system playing. It's at the end of the review.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:34:41 PM by Gordon Brinton »
Member since 2005.

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 12:33:05 PM »

Good to meet you yesterday Gordon, thanks for the time, I hope it was enlightening.

Hey! Same to you, Phil. Thanks for the great demo. We talked about it the whole way home. Indeed some fine sounding speakers.
Member since 2005.

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »

The last time I heard this rig was at a speaker shoot out in Birmingham I wasn't aware of lack of sub then but I can't remember if they were different models or more of them, don't think so though. Like Helge I really think the Powersoft  settings do a better job with this rig, don't know why but there seems to be "more" in the rig when there are Powersoft amps behind it. No doubt someone is going to correct me now but I've heard it enough now to have noticed the difference. G

Peter Morris

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 05:19:04 PM »

I wrote up a review after hearing the system yesterday. As per site rules, I placed it in the "Review" section of the forum.

Find it here>>  http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,163006.0.html

I also added a link to some video footage that I took of the system playing. It's at the end of the review.

FWIW here is Production Partner's review complete with measurements -  http://microsites.twaudio.de/uploads/twaudio-n-final/pp-t24n-en.pdf
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:18:19 PM by Peter Morris »

Jared Koopman

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »

TW Audio. I believe they are from Germany. I did a search here, but don't see any discussion on them.

A good friend, (we each have our own sound companies here in the US,) has invited me to accompany him on a demo tomorrow of the PA-SYS-ONE system. He is wanting to update his older EAW KF boxes for medium sized venues.

Me, I will update too someday, but for now, I am just going along for the ride and for the learning experience.

We don't know much about TW yet. They are apparently new to America. Just wondered if anyone here happens to be familiar with the system and can give us their thoughts.

Thanks.

I realize this is an old topic...I just wanted to add that I have used these speakers (VERA20 and VERA S32 subs, T24N, T20, B30, BSX, Lab Gruppen AMplification) for a couple  of events.

These are fantastic sounding speakers, easy to deploy and I would have no issue walking into a venue that had these. The sound is very clean at both quiet and loud points. The VERA20 are noticeably quiet on stage, the rear rejection is quite good. This will translate to a quieter stage overall.

The T24N +B30 system is a nice compact system that packs a punch. I think the sub output is a touch low compared to the tops and would prefer additional subs in the PA-Sys-One package. A very musical system. I used this in a tent at a very large rodeo and it covered it quite nicely.

I have not heard the VERA36 but if its anything like the VERA20, I am sure they pack quite a punch. The VERA20 is no slouch with output either.

I think my biggest "complaint" would be that the subs are not quite as powerful as I would like and therefore need a few more to make up the difference. But overall, the system is well designed. You can use other DSP/Amps then Powersoft or Lab Gruppen, but just know that the nice folks at TW Audio only have presets for those two systems.

Again, would not hesitate to use these as a walk in front of house guy. As a rental house as always, it comes down to ROI. Can you easily get more boxes when needed and how quick is the servicing of damaged parts. That is possibly the biggest "issue" with TW Audio in the US...just not enough users out there yet.

My 2c.

Hi Phil :)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 08:45:08 PM »

I realize this is an old topic...I just wanted to add that I have used these speakers (VERA20 and VERA S32 subs, T24N, T20, B30, BSX, Lab Gruppen AMplification) for a couple  of events.

These are fantastic sounding speakers, easy to deploy and I would have no issue walking into a venue that had these. The sound is very clean at both quiet and loud points. The VERA20 are noticeably quiet on stage, the rear rejection is quite good. This will translate to a quieter stage overall.

The T24N +B30 system is a nice compact system that packs a punch. I think the sub output is a touch low compared to the tops and would prefer additional subs in the PA-Sys-One package. A very musical system. I used this in a tent at a very large rodeo and it covered it quite nicely.

I have not heard the VERA36 but if its anything like the VERA20, I am sure they pack quite a punch. The VERA20 is no slouch with output either.

I think my biggest "complaint" would be that the subs are not quite as powerful as I would like and therefore need a few more to make up the difference. But overall, the system is well designed. You can use other DSP/Amps then Powersoft or Lab Gruppen, but just know that the nice folks at TW Audio only have presets for those two systems.

Again, would not hesitate to use these as a walk in front of house guy. As a rental house as always, it comes down to ROI. Can you easily get more boxes when needed and how quick is the servicing of damaged parts. That is possibly the biggest "issue" with TW Audio in the US...just not enough users out there yet.

My 2c.

Hi Phil :)

My experience is limited to a single demo of T24N over B30, Powersoft DSP amps.  The tops were easy to deploy, sounded great, and get quite loud for their size.  Some others present compared it to the d&b rigs they were used to using.  The subs were a bit disappointing, I like deep bass.  The application where this seems to fit best is high output SoS, TH118XL or similar subwoofers.  The flexible horn patterns, rigging, and pole mount allow it to cover multiple types of events.  I haven't heard any arrays, but overall they came across as the little brother to d&b.  I wouldn't hesitate to mix on any appropriately sized TW rig.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 08:45:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.