ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody using speakers by TW Audio?  (Read 8608 times)

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
Anybody using speakers by TW Audio?
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:12 AM »

TW Audio. I believe they are from Germany. I did a search here, but don't see any discussion on them.

A good friend, (we each have our own sound companies here in the US,) has invited me to accompany him on a demo tomorrow of the PA-SYS-ONE system. He is wanting to update his older EAW KF boxes for medium sized venues.

Me, I will update too someday, but for now, I am just going along for the ride and for the learning experience.

We don't know much about TW yet. They are apparently new to America. Just wondered if anyone here happens to be familiar with the system and can give us their thoughts.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:23:32 AM by Gordon Brinton »
Member since 2005.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: Anybody using speakers by TW Audio?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:55:07 AM »

TW Audio. I believe they are from Germany. I did a search here, but don't see any discussion on them.

A good friend, (we each have our own sound companies here in the US,) has invited me to accompany him on a demo tomorrow of the PA-SYS-ONE system. He is wanting to update his older EAW KF boxes for medium sized venues.

Me, I will update too someday, but for now, I am just going along for the ride and for the learning experience.

We don't know much about TW yet. They are apparently new to America. Just wondered if anyone here happens to be familiar with the system and can give us their thoughts.

Thanks.

Sorry, I have no knowledge of these boxes, but I would be interested in hearing the opinion of you and your friend once you have actually touched and heard them.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

John Chiara

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »

http://www.twaudio.de/en/product/t-series/t24n-the-neoclassic/

Oh, of course, we've already been all over that site weeks ago, as well as their micro site and references.

Thanks.
Member since 2005.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »

http://www.twaudio.de/en/product/t-series/t24n-the-neoclassic/

72lbs,  143 db peak , 2 -12 inch drivers and horn.. 72lbs again... Find out how much. ;-)

Douglas R. Allen

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »

72lbs,  143 db peak , 2 -12 inch drivers and horn.. 72lbs again... Find out how much. ;-)

Douglas R. Allen

Very nice systems and beautifully made they are expensive and are generally sold with either Powersoft or Lab Gruppen amps pre loaded with the correct settings. I've heard and had a good look around these a couple of times and got to meet some of the guys from the firm.
The overall impression of their systems is one of extreme clarity which in turn makes them appear not as loud as they measure. Did I mention they're expensive but I guess you get what you pay for, if you can afford them give them  a try  you might like them very much.

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »

Douglas R. Allen

My buddy says he thinks MSRP might be around $4900 each, but he's not entirely certain. If so, I'm sure that a dealer could improve upon that. The whole system (PA-SYS-ONE) must be in the vicinity of $22,000 without amps. I'll see if I can get more accurate information tomorrow.

EDIT: My buddy just texted me and corrected his original statements.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:25:19 PM by Gordon Brinton »
Member since 2005.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »

T24N with the matching B15(?) sub is areally nice system. I've used it with Lab and Powersoft amps, preferred the Powersoft but it wasn't bad when I powered it with Lab. Used it as main PA and sidefill on a festival stage with great results.

Phil Van Peborgh

• VP TW AUDiO Americas
    • TW AUDiO
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:17 AM »

My buddy says he thinks MSRP might be around $4900 each, but he's not entirely certain. If so, I'm sure that a dealer could improve upon that. The whole system (PA-SYS-ONE) must be in the vicinity of $22,000 without amps. I'll see if I can get more accurate information tomorrow.

EDIT: My buddy just texted me and corrected his original statements.

Good to meet you yesterday Gordon, thanks for the time, I hope it was enlightening.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber