ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Under $2k (per cabinet) subs to go with Yamaha DSR112s???  (Read 7224 times)

Steve Garris

Re: Under $2k (per cabinet) subs to go with Yamaha DSR112s???
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »

I think that using a strap between the handles on each side of the SRX818SP would give you a center balance for a single person lift.

Yes, the 818 has ergonomic issues. I solved it by placing some really good, heavy duty rubber feet on one side of each cabinet. That puts the handles on top, and gives me a nice 3/4" space to easily slide my hand-truck in. I can dead lift the cabinet into my van, but it's still hard. Too bad you can't consider the 828.

I still use and love my PRX618xlf sub's. I agree with everything Scott Bolt said, they're light weight, sound great and are ergonomically fantastic.

The DXS 18 sub is interesting sounding, very deep. I use one in a club (house system), but it's hard to comment on total output without having one for myself. It is a monster though in weight and bulk.

KW181 really have a nice punch, and they're small and easy to work with. I think they sound great under any speaker, but you have to make sure you have the proper processing from sub to top.

I can't speak to the RCF boxes, but I've heard nothing but good about those and the JTR stuff.

Chris Edwards

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »

Yes, the 818 has ergonomic issues. I solved it by placing some really good, heavy duty rubber feet on one side of each cabinet. That puts the handles on top, and gives me a nice 3/4" space to easily slide my hand-truck in. I can dead lift the cabinet into my van, but it's still hard. Too bad you can't consider the 828.

I still use and love my PRX618xlf sub's. I agree with everything Scott Bolt said, they're light weight, sound great and are ergonomically fantastic.

The DXS 18 sub is interesting sounding, very deep. I use one in a club (house system), but it's hard to comment on total output without having one for myself. It is a monster though in weight and bulk.

KW181 really have a nice punch, and they're small and easy to work with. I think they sound great under any speaker, but you have to make sure you have the proper processing from sub to top.

I can't speak to the RCF boxes, but I've heard nothing but good about those and the JTR stuff.

Any thoughts on the PRX818s?  They seem to have lowered the price lately so I could probably get them at the same price as the PRX718s if I could track some down. Are they basically the same cabinet with addition of the wifi stuff?

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 05:53:54 PM »

Are they basically the same cabinet with addition of the wifi stuff?
Seems so on paper. The grill seems a little different, but it's the same woofer with the same frequency response and the box has the same physical specs.

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/JBL_PRX718XLF.v1.pdf

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/JBL_PRX818XLFW_SpecSheet.pdf

Two "pro audio salesman" at two different big box stores assured me that they are the same outside of the wifi. Take that for what it's worth, though...nothing, probably.

Steve Garris

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »

Any thoughts on the PRX818s?  They seem to have lowered the price lately so I could probably get them at the same price as the PRX718s if I could track some down. Are they basically the same cabinet with addition of the wifi stuff?

Don't know, sorry. If the spec's are the same those boxes will sound great if you can't find a deal on the 718.

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »

Also inquire about his new 70 lb captivator 212 pro sub,  small loud and deep.  Jeff should be posting 3rd party test data soon.

We can wait to get the new Captivator 212pro out there. We built a few of them. One is being beta tested and everyone is extreme happy with it. We'll have two of them at Axpona Audio Expo for the live music. It's +/-3db from 38-200hz, 105db/1w (2.0v)/1m/halfspace, 700w continous/1400w program/2800w peak, 4 ohm, 70lbs, 30" wide, 22.5" deep and 16" tall.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 23 queries.