ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubiqity Bullet issues solved  (Read 11984 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Ubiqity Bullet issues solved
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2019, 06:21:13 AM »

Looking back nowadays do you think your problems with the Bullet might be the lack of a DHCP server, and by having a fixed ip on the Bullet you might have to change that ip depending on the console?
I was chatting with the FOH guy from a country band recently and he told had a lot of trouble with a Ubiqity product until he set up a DHCP server.
This added another piece of equipment and my whole point for buying the M5 was to keep it small and easy to pack in a brief case.
I'm not convinced the lack of a DHCP server should be an issue for the M5 and, as others have indicated, they can work with a static IP.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »

I was chatting with the FOH guy from a country band recently and he told had a lot of trouble with a Ubiqity product until he set up a DHCP server.
This added another piece of equipment and my whole point for buying the M5 was to keep it small and easy to pack in a brief case.
I'm not convinced the lack of a DHCP server should be an issue for the M5 and, as others have indicated, they can work with a static IP.

If I recall from the few years back when I had issues... the access point would show up in the windows or iOS available network list, but you simply couldn’t consistently connect to it. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. With no rhyme of reason.... which was super frustrating. I ended up staying with an EnGenius access point that has been flawless in front of 60,000 people... and also had a DHCP server on board. 
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Paulo Rodrigues

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »

Hello Bob,
thank you so much for the links and the information

I'm excited to try my Bullet AC, I'm just waiting at the moment for an Antenna and the PoE adapter.

Will use your info to setup and try it out in different gigs, I will post the results
Don't know how different is the new AC model compared to an M5 setup wise, but it should probably be pretty similar
The BulletAC will only talk to other Ubiquiti products. AirMax cannot be disabled. After a day of trying to configure it with no luck, found out many other people had same problem from a forum and ended up sending it back. No where on the website or documentation do they tell you this.

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »

The BulletAC will only talk to other Ubiquiti products. AirMax cannot be disabled.

Oh Hell,
I didn't know that, I have to return my unit now

Scott Helmke

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2019, 09:38:30 AM »

Which is exactly what we did to make the Bullet work.  It's another box, another wall-wart.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »

Which is exactly what we did to make the Bullet work.  It's another box, another wall-wart.
Another reason I got the Nanostation. Built-in DHCP.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »

Oh Hell,
I didn't know that, I have to return my unit now

Tiago,

If you're set on having a Bullet M5 for the form factor, I've got two that I kept on-hand for spares that were never unboxed. Also, I've got my spare L-Com antenna that was never used. I guess the gear was rock solid... And we always were very careful on setup & strike.

I would be willing to offer you a price that would be hard to beat, as I'm cleaning up all the extra gear I've got now that my wife and I have stopped doing the 9-member band after 20 years... :-)

Let me know if you're interested.

Best regards,
Bob

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2019, 07:45:14 PM »

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks Bob

pm sent

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »

Thanks everyone, for your knowledge and opinions.
I know there are a lot of members that gave up on the Bullet and don't like it. I understand that.

But I would like to ask for those of you that use the Bullet and were able to make it work,
I can exchance my Bullet AC for a Bullet M5 unit, that will allow me to turn AirMax off.

Can you please let me know if you are able to make the Bullet M5 work plugged directley to a console, without a router or switch with a DHCP server?

I would like to use it if I can use it with fixed IP direclty to the console, without having another unit in the middle.
Like some of you said having another unit and wallwart really misses the point I need , which is having a small unit to carry around, which the Bullet if it works fits the bill perfectly.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.