ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubiqity Bullet issues solved  (Read 12052 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Ubiqity Bullet issues solved
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »

Why?
What happened with you Bullet?

I think Keith was losing hair over configuration.  A couple of participants here had an even worse time trying to get the MikroTik the Bullet is based on to work.  I have a MikroTik that refuses to accept configuration.  I keep it thinking that some day I'll have a flash of inspiration and will find the setting that prevents it from working, but then again I think I'll win the Lotto, too....

I know the Bullet can be configured to work as I've seen enough of them in use but none of those users are willing to share the config settings.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 12:11:51 AM »

Why?
What happened with you Bullet?

My bullet has seen the trash heap as well. Those things are junk.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 06:24:10 AM »

I think Keith was losing hair over configuration.
YES! And I don't have much to start with. ;D

It's a shame because the M5, with antenna, could have made a very compact and powerful access point. It just wasn't worth my time to keep banging my head on the wall.
For me, a tool is something that works ever time you need it. I'm not interested in "configuring" a screwdriver when I need to use it. ::)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:29:30 AM by Keith Broughton »
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »

I flashed my M5 and Loco M5 to DD-WRT and have been very happy. SO MUCH EASIER to configure, and it "just works" with that firmware. Truth be told, it probably wasn't easy to port DD-WRT to that platform as it's one of the "paid" upgrades ($20) as opposed to the free version that works with the Linksys et AL. Their a good form factor for remote control, especially the Loco. Range is crazy!

If you haven't embraced the upgrading of firmware on routers, I highly recommend you give it a try. All my routers are easier to use and just work better with the DD-WRT software.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 10:07:50 PM »

So I have now had some gigs to try this out on and, like a useful tool should, plugs in and WORKS every time.
FINALLY!
I was very close to selling it out of frustration.
That said, when other techs see it, there are raised eyebrows and some "suggestion" of what it is. ;D

But you got it to work at some point Keith and were happy, what happened then?

thanks

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 07:29:50 AM »

But you got it to work at some point Keith and were happy, what happened then?

thanks
I tried it on a variety of different consoles in different locations and could not get reliable results. Sure, I could get it to work on one console, in the shop, but as soon as it got out into the real world, the problems began.
It came down to a matter of how much of my life am I willing to pi$$ away trying to get a "professional" device to work when a used $20 home WAP/router worked just fine... everywhere... every time!
At the time I was trying to use the M5, a clear and concise setup method applicable to my requirements, was not forthcoming so I gave up.
Seems that more info has become available in the last year or so. :)

I don't care enough to be apathetic

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply Keith.

I also use a home Router and it works fine in most cases (just some Digico SD models can be a pain because they use 255.255.0.0)  because it has a DHCP server.

Looking back nowadays do you think your problems with the Bullet might be the lack of a DHCP server, and by having a fixed ip on the Bullet you might have to change that ip depending on the console?

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 08:29:11 PM »

I think Keith was losing hair over configuration.  A couple of participants here had an even worse time trying to get the MikroTik the Bullet is based on to work.  I have a MikroTik that refuses to accept configuration.  I keep it thinking that some day I'll have a flash of inspiration and will find the setting that prevents it from working, but then again I think I'll win the Lotto, too....

I know the Bullet can be configured to work as I've seen enough of them in use but none of those users are willing to share the config settings.
Hi Tim,

I'd used it (in conjunction with a router and a defined static IP pool) with no problems since I brought it in in 2012. I posted a bunch on PSW about it as well back in 2012 & 2013, as there were a number of discussions about it. Back then, I also included the doc that we had as far as IP configuration: 2013 BCB Doc

The thread (from 2015) where I posted all I knew that made it work for me is here:Ubiquiti Bullet

Best regards,
Bob

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2019, 09:57:13 PM »

Looking back nowadays do you think your problems with the Bullet might be the lack of a DHCP server, and by having a fixed ip on the Bullet you might have to change that ip depending on the console?

No
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »

Hi Tim,

I'd used it (in conjunction with a router and a defined static IP pool) with no problems since I brought it in in 2012. I posted a bunch on PSW about it as well back in 2012 & 2013, as there were a number of discussions about it. Back then, I also included the doc that we had as far as IP configuration: 2013 BCB Doc

The thread (from 2015) where I posted all I knew that made it work for me is here:Ubiquiti Bullet

Best regards,
Bob

Hello Bob,
thank you so much for the links and the information

I'm excited to try my Bullet AC, I'm just waiting at the moment for an Antenna and the PoE adapter.

Will use your info to setup and try it out in different gigs, I will post the results.
Don't know how different is the new AC model compared to an M5 setup wise, but it should probably be pretty similar

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.