ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PowerCON extensions and jumpers. . .SO or SJ?  (Read 7470 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: PowerCON extensions and jumpers. . .SO or SJ?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 03:29:07 PM »

IIRC the blue and white PowerCON connectors will take the 12/3 SO with some persuasion.  The PowerCON True1 will only take 12/3 SJOOW. The SOOW does not fit. Heaven knows I have tried.  I too wish Neutrik would come out with a slightly larger collar to accommodate the SOOW.

TJ I'll have to look at the Coleman SOOW. Fortunately I'm very much in the lounge level too. I can't recall ever seeing an AHJ. But I'd much rather be code compliant none the less.
That is a good point to mention - all my Powercon equipment is blue/white.  I have no True1.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

Yep, all of mine is Carol SOOW and blue/white and with sufficient "persuasion" (and a little lubrication) they'll go together.  I did get some other cable once that was just enough thicker that it didn't want to go.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »

The True One work with 12-3 SJOOW or 14-3 SOOW. Both with a fairly high level of difficulty.

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »

The True One work with 12-3 SJOOW or 14-3 SOOW. Both with a fairly high level of difficulty.

I've talked to my Neutrik contact about this, and he confirms that Neutrik has no plans to design a special collet that would accommodate 12-3 SOOW. That's likely because in Europe (and other 230-volt countries) there's really no need for a 20-amp extension cord. In the 120-volt USA we need all of 20 amperes most of the time.

John Fruits

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »

I wonder if Marinco could build a larger collett model.
http://www.marincopowerproducts.com/en/20ampconnector#Connector
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »

I've talked to my Neutrik contact about this, and he confirms that Neutrik has no plans to design a special collet that would accommodate 12-3 SOOW. That's likely because in Europe (and other 230-volt countries) there's really no need for a 20-amp extension cord. In the 120-volt USA we need all of 20 amperes most of the time.
(sigh)
Is anyone else tired of the cross-pointing of fingers that the other side of the pond is "doing it wrong" (i.e., not MY way?).
[/wah]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.