ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante Over Microwave IP Link  (Read 6340 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Dante Over Microwave IP Link
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 03:29:02 PM »

Does anyone have experience of transmitting Dante over a microwave IP link - using something like Ubiquiti AirFibre or AirMax products? I know that it cannot be run over normal Wifi but wondering if the higher bandwidth and lower latency of these links makes it feasible to use as a site to site link for multi channel audio.

Here is an option to extend your Dante over IP.  Granted, the extended Dante is not locked or in sync and it is basically 2 separate systems but without added hardware this program will interconnect 64 bidirectional audio paths.  Using this software and a good IP over Microwave link, even with the IP crashes, this is workable.

Unity Connect is a Mac application that allows up to 64X64 audio streams to be sent and received across the internet at low latency and broadcast ready quality.  Unity connect is $500/computer - you need at least 2 copies for the 64 channels

I use it on my home server to transport 4-wire audio from jobs I am on to the Unity Intercom system server at home.

unity-connect
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:34:40 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Dante Over Microwave IP Link
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 03:29:02 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.