Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Learning resources

(1/3) > >>

alex.cerutti:
Hi All, can anyone please point me in the direction of some good books, videos, or web site to improve my understanding wireless audio please, im talking about everything from the electronics and how it works to RF gain structure and antenna design and use, and everything in between.

Cheers

Diogo Nunes Pereira:

--- Quote from: alex.cerutti on March 08, 2017, 02:52:39 PM ---Hi All, can anyone please point me in the direction of some good books, videos, or web site to improve my understanding wireless audio please, im talking about everything from the electronics and how it works to RF gain structure and antenna design and use, and everything in between.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Hi Alex, my two cents:

I can't not put this one first: Best Audio - on the topic of RF Coordination, and then more. This is Pete Erskine (moderator on this forum) site; terrific source of knowledge, links and RF scans repository. RF Coordination for Roadies is a must read.

Tait Radio Academy - about 2-way (LMR) radio communications.

Lectrosonics FAQs page, White Paper section and Wireless Microphone Systems book will give you plenty to go about. I wish Lectrosonics would revise this document, but still, it's an oldie, but a goodie!!

Shure webinars and publications: Selection and Operation of Wireless Microphone by Tim Vear and also this one about Antenna Setup.

Anritsu RF Fundaments webinars were quite important for my understanding of deep RF (and physics) concepts.

Radio Electronics - Resources and analysis for electronics engineers.

Maxim Integrated paper on spread spectrum communications.

RF Venue blog on RF issues actualité.

Eager to see this forum follow-up on this topic. Salut,

Diogo

Added by Henry, March 8:

ARRL Handbook. On every RF engineer's first bookshelf.

ARRL Antenna Handbook. On every antenna engineer's bookshelf and my personal favorite.

Astron Wireless Technical Library. Lot's of great information on antennas, coax and connectors.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Diogo Nunes Pereira on March 08, 2017, 07:37:00 PM ---Hi Alex, my two cents:

--- End quote ---

Thanks Diogo!

Mac

alex.cerutti:
Thanks folks

Patrick Riley:

--- Quote from: alex.cerutti on March 08, 2017, 02:52:39 PM ---Hi All, can anyone please point me in the direction of some good books, videos, or web site to improve my understanding wireless audio please, im talking about everything from the electronics and how it works to RF gain structure and antenna design and use, and everything in between.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

I took a live 2 day seminar offered by SynAudCon http://www.prosoundtraining.comhere in Vegas a couple of years ago. It featured James Stoffo, Karl Winkler, Tim Vear, & Eric Reese. It was nothing short of AMAZING! Not sure when or where the next one will be, but hgave a look at their website for more info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version